Why become a member? ×

Time wasters and window shoppers!!!

Evil Undead

So this week I've had no less than four people haggle a lower than listed price for an item I'm selling, get me to agree the price, and then back out!

I'm urgently trying to raise cash for an item that a very kind member on here is holding for me, just to be let down over and over again!

I'm sick to the back teeth of it! FFS guys, if you're going to bother haggling over price and getting the sellers hopes up, complete the deal, and if you're not 100% sure, don't bother!!!

There's a site over here which is notorious for lowballers and offers of ridiculous trades even if you specify no trades. Recently I had one guy offer me €30 for a Boss TU-2 I wasn't even selling :huh:

One chap was selling a Markbass Little Mark 2 with an asking price of €395. This was the first reply

[quote]€200 Offered
Don't even play bass. . . .so offer 200[/quote] :blink:

BRIAN: Huh. All right. I'll give you ten.

HARRY THE HAGGLER: That's more like it. Ten?! Are you trying to insult me?! Me, with a poor dying grandmother?! Ten?!

BRIAN: All right. I'll give you eleven.

HARRY THE HAGGLER: Now you're gettin' it. Eleven?! Did I hear you right?! Eleven?! This cost me twelve. You want to ruin me?!

Edited by RandomProddy

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1337379034' post='1659236']
Mine's in Lira.
[/quote]

Not sure which one of us would be in profit!

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1337379046' post='1659237']
I see my issue is being taken seriously.
[/quote]

Lowballing then bailing happens to me too ;)

Edited by RandomProddy

It's a pain, but I'm not sure there's anything much that can be done about it. You could try putting something like "Near offers considered, but no ridiculous lowballs please. Serious buyers only." in the text.

But you'll probably still get lowballs and people pulling out of the deal.

[quote name='RandomProddy' timestamp='1337379344' post='1659242']
Don't think you can leave feedback for a non-sale..?
[/quote]Why not, though? If you were dealing with someone and they backed out of a commitment to buy, surely that's worthy of feedback?

Sadly it is a sign of the times (recession but government would say otherwise). Money is too tight to mention (can i write a song from that...thinks) and because of that people will make punt. My MIL aged 85, getting offers on house.. 35% below asking, and is priced to sell. It is tough, but as the seller, just say no, unless the price is right. I think cliche police should hit this post, but, it is late and I am tired.

Offering a lower than offered price seems reasonable to me, the seller can always say no, but if a price is agreed then it's definitely bad form to back out of the deal.

I agree with the above posts about leaving feedback. Three of the four people who backed out of an agreed price were on here, so feedback can certainly be left in the appropriate section - even if you have to start a new thread for them.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1337379436' post='1659244']
Unfortunatly its just the way it goes. I find that very good pictures help on a sale thread 10 fold.
[/quote]

I tend to agree ,it is just part of the business, I do try to treat everyone as though they are a million dollar client and just take the good with the bad..