Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Warwick Basses & Framus Guitars!

Warwick_Official

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1337092887' post='1655289']
I see your point, Bert, I was slightly irritated by that post of Garey's too, but I think we should cut him some slack, as he's new here, and stick to constructive criticism. I'm sure he - and his company - are more likely to take our suggestions on board that way.
[/quote]

You may be fully right, Bluejay, and I hope you are.
However, I have a hard time seeing this as a newbie's need for slack. I honestly think it's a result of corporate thinking, and planned ahead, including plans on how to tackle criticism. I do however hope that I'm wrong.

best,
bert

Edit for spelling "Bluejay".

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1337209950' post='1657321']
You may be fully right, Bleujay, and I hope you are.
However, I have a hard time seeing this as a newbie's need for slack. I honestly think it's a result of corporate thinking, and planned ahead, including plans on how to tackle criticism. I do however hope that I'm wrong.

best,
bert
[/quote]

What's wrong with a company wanting to establish or improve customer relations ? Would you rather the opposite or a J.Hall Rickenbacker approach?

Edited by walplayer

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1337101734' post='1655524']
I would also like to add that I do not like the joint Framus/Warwick facebook page. Enough for me to not visit the facebook page anymore. I am a bass player and have no interest in Framus or guitars in general.
[/quote]
For any bass player (bass guitar i may add) to have no interest in guitars which are made by the same company that makes their favourite basses is stupid.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1337255447' post='1657883']
For any bass player (bass guitar i may add) to have no interest in guitars which are made by the same company that makes their favourite basses is stupid.
[/quote]

I guess it depends on whether you also play guitar, how much spare time you have to read or watch advertising content, your level of appreciation of/technical expertise in guitar-making, etc.

While i'm reasonably fascinated by, and attracted to, any beautiful, well made instrument (stringed or otherwise), I would not use such a strong word as "stupid" for those who have no interest.

Cool! Great to see Warwick officially represented on this forum. Always had Rock Star service from Warwick when I've emailed them directly with questions in the past about my Thumb bolt-on.

Welcome!

[quote name='peted' timestamp='1337321444' post='1657934']
Cool! Great to see Warwick officially represented on this forum. Always had Rock Star service from Warwick when I've emailed them directly with questions in the past about my Thumb bolt-on.

Welcome!
[/quote]
Thanks for the warm welcome peted. We are glad to be on the forum! Except for a few posts here, we've gotten a very positive response across the boards. Glad to hear you've had a good experience with service in the past...we hope to continue to make improvements and make it better for everyone! Be well!

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1337255747' post='1657894']
I guess it depends on whether you also play guitar, how much spare time you have to read or watch advertising content, your level of appreciation of/technical expertise in guitar-making, etc.

While i'm reasonably fascinated by, and attracted to, any beautiful, well made instrument (stringed or otherwise), I would not use such a strong word as "stupid" for those who have no interest.
[/quote]You're an idiot :D (I'm definately joking)

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1337255447' post='1657883']
[/quote]

So could you explain why in your opinion this is stupid? Oh and to assume they are my favourite would be stupid :P

[quote name='walplayer' timestamp='1337253426' post='1657826']
What's wrong with a company wanting to establish or improve customer relations ?[/quote]

Nothing. I welcome it.

[quote name='walplayer' timestamp='1337253426' post='1657826']
Would you rather the opposite or a J.Hall Rickenbacker approach?[/quote]

No, I wouldn't like "the opposite", whatever that might be.
No, I wouldn't like a J.Hall Rickenbacker approach. Not that I know what that is, but I understand from this forum that J. Hall is an a**hole.

So, did I answer your questions?
I think so.
Did you really relate to what I'd really written?
I think not.
Rather, you set up straw men. I fail to see why I should be the target of your straw men, seeing as I first welcomed Garey, and only reacted negatively after his over the top adspeak. Up to this point, Garey has warmly thanked for any support, but has failed to adequately respond to the core of the criticism: that he abused the forum with adspeak when he could just have relaxed and be one in the gang, and a highly appreciated one at that.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337255041' post='1657872']
Thanks Walplayer. Our goal is that, exactly. We are interested in bridging the gap between company and player. In the end, we hope it will be a benefit to everyone.
[/quote]

I still warmly welcome this, Garey. You are in a position where you can be an important part of building the finest of relationships between factory and user. Boasting about the superduper range and what important people use it, should not be part of that.
Also, being sorry for the effect of your words is not the same as being sorry for the words, you know.

Now please be a good boy, do your work well, and we'll be good friends.

/condescendence

best and good luck,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1337338464' post='1658358']
Nothing. I welcome it.

No, I wouldn't like "the opposite", whatever that might be.
No, I wouldn't like a J.Hall Rickenbacker approach. Not that I know what that is, but I understand from this forum that J. Hall is an a**hole.

So, did I answer your questions?
I think so.
Did you really relate to what I'd really written?
I think not.
Rather, you set up straw men. I fail to see why I should be the target of your straw men, seeing as I first welcomed Garey, and only reacted negatively after his over the top adspeak. Up to this point, Garey has warmly thanked for any support, but has failed to adequately respond to the core of the criticism: that he abused the forum with adspeak when he could just have relaxed and be one in the gang, and a highly appreciated one at that.

I still warmly welcome this, Garey. You are in a position where you can be an important part of building the finest of relationships between factory and user. Boasting about the superduper range and what important people use it, should not be part of that.
Also, being sorry for the effect of your words is not the same as being sorry for the words, you know.

Now please be a good boy, do your work well, and we'll be good friends.

/condescendence

best and good luck,
bert
[/quote]

Hello Bert,

Whether you believe it or not, my post was meant to inform...and I completely see your point of view. While trying to provide a bit of historical reference and pointing out the relationship between Warwick & Framus...as well as what makes Framus different today than what it was historically...I suppose I overstepped. I did not mean any abuse, or blatant adspeak. For this, I apologize. I'm very enthusiastic in my position, and will proceed with a greater awareness of what you're saying. I hope we can move forward. I would like to be a part of the gang, to be present, join in on some great chat, and have a nice time. I'm certain you will come to see this...so thanks for giving me the opportunity. And truly, all comments and feedback - positive or negative, are welcome.

Hi Garey

I noticed some interesting developments on Talkbass.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f88/warwick-gitarre-bass-proud-present-bass-camp-2012-a-882236/"]http://www.talkbass....-2012-a-882236/[/url]

We appreciate that the US is a huge market for Warwick. Its interesting that a US portal is being used to access European markets.

Happy to discuss offline.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337339720' post='1658387']
Hello Bert,

Whether you believe it or not, my post was meant to inform...and I completely see your point of view. While trying to provide a bit of historical reference and pointing out the relationship between Warwick & Framus...as well as what makes Framus different today than what it was historically...I suppose I overstepped. I did not mean any abuse, or blatant adspeak. For this, I apologize. I'm very enthusiastic in my position, and will proceed with a greater awareness of what you're saying. I hope we can move forward. I would like to be a part of the gang, to be present, join in on some great chat, and have a nice time. I'm certain you will come to see this...so thanks for giving me the opportunity. And truly, all comments and feedback - positive or negative, are welcome.
[/quote]

Wow, Garey! I think that that was very classy. Thank you!
I'm very confident that we'll go along just fine, and in fact have felt confident from the beginning that we would get to this positive outcome, or else I wouldn't have bothered.
Now shut up so I can use my time on saving money for my new Thumb NT! :)

best,
bert

Garey, good to have you on here. I'm a huge fan of Warwick, I've had a few and finally found THE ONE in the form of a Streamer ChromeTone which I bought from another basschat member last year. It's the most perfect bass I can imagine.

I think Warwick make the most intelligently designed basses in the world. And I applaud your sustainability commitment.

I hope you are here not only to promote the company, but also to support your existing and potential customers.

All the best,
Nigel

Hello Nigel,

Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear that you've found THE ONE! The finest way I can imagine to promote any company is by supporting its existing and potential customers. I'm here for relations, rather than sales and marketing...which admittedly may seem somewhat of a grey-area at times. But without the support of the players, it doesn't matter how great the instruments are. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337344758' post='1658516']
Hello Nigel,

Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear that you've found THE ONE! The finest way I can imagine to promote any company is by supporting its existing and potential customers. I'm here for relations, rather than sales and marketing...which admittedly may seem somewhat of a grey-area at times. But without the support of the players, it doesn't matter how great the instruments are. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with!
[/quote]

Glad we've got you on here, Garey. FWIW I didn't think your old post was adspeak and I did find the Warwick and Framus link interesting, but not interesting enough to want to hear about guitars on my facebook all the time!

Are you guys at Warwick all bass players yourselves?