Why become a member? ×

Thomann - How long to sort a problem?

silentbob

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1337427064' post='1659733']
If you have to go to the Post Office to return this parcel it will be going by Parcel Force? It should be possible to get them to collect from your address - they offer that service on their website.
[/quote]
I was specifically told it had to go to a Post Office and be signed for behind the counter with a form they emailed me. Can't remember whether it was ParcelForce or not for certain but the forms were not like those I have used in the past with PF

Edited by Clarky

Finally received an email today to say that Thomman are refunding my payment - less £15+ for the cost of returning it - over a week after they had safely received the item??

Their 'excuse' was that there had been a one day National holiday during that week - so even allowing for that, it still took a full week for them to return the dosh - which by the way 'still' not in my Paypal account??!!

Just thought I'd give fellow BC'ers the heads up that if you do need to return an item to Thomman - be prepared to wait for your dosh!!

ps - it is Parcelfarce they use

As I said before, my experience wasn't so negative - item collected from my doorstep, returning it was absolutely free to me, and they didn't even take that long to issue a refund (in Euros, obviously, on my credit card, because I didn't use Paypal - maybe that's one of the reasons for the delay?). It's a hassle, definitely, but tolerable in my case (and I LOVE my replacement bass).

Also, Thomann use Parcel Force for smaller items and a dedicated heavy haulage company for bigger items.

[size=4]I'm in the process of returning two cabs and these, verbatim, are the options I was given in an email:[/size]

[indent=1][size=4]1)Musikhaus Thomann organises a return with [b]DHL[/b] / your local post. You would simply be required to drop the parcel off at your local post office (with the returns label you will have been sent) and [b]15 EUR per parcel[/b] would be deducted from your credit note for this service.[/size][/indent]

[indent=1][size=4]2)Musikhaus Thomann organises a [b]UPS collection[/b]. [b]30 EUR per parcel[/b] would be deducted from your credit note for this service.[/size][/indent]

[size=4]3)You organise a [b]return yourself to Musikhaus Thomann[/b].

I can't really lug two cabs to the PO so have gone for option 2. I'd have no issue returning basses and amps via option 1, but lesson learned methinks as far as cabs go! :blink:[/size]

Edited by walbassist

To the OP. It's probably worth having a look at the [url=http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/contents/made]UK distance selling regulations[/url] because I'm pretty sure that the if you cancel the supplier has to arrange and pay for the collection of the items.

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1337945119' post='1667772']
Finally received an email today to say that Thomman are refunding my payment - less £15+ for the cost of returning it - over a week after they had safely received the item??

Their 'excuse' was that there had been a one day National holiday during that week - so even allowing for that, it still took a full week for them to return the dosh - which by the way 'still' not in my Paypal account??!!

Just thought I'd give fellow BC'ers the heads up that if you do need to return an item to Thomman - be prepared to wait for your dosh!!

ps - it is Parcelfarce they use
[/quote]
That's what they told me aswell last year. I didn't get charged for returning it though. But my opinion over three weeks of dealing with them was they are a bunch of lying, deceitful ***** who ship out B-stock masquerading as new stock.

Sounds about right to me - dosh 'still' not in my Paypal account & if I was asked my opinion on Thomann - I would have to say 'avoid like the plague' as I was told it was only free to return items if you lived in Germany - vor sprung!!

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1337957837' post='1668075']
Sounds about right to me - dosh 'still' not in my Paypal account & if I was asked my opinion on Thomann - I would have to say 'avoid like the plague' as [b]I was told it was only free to return items if you lived in Germany [/b]- vor sprung!!
[/quote]
That's bollocks aswell. They should email you a free return label.

If anything, looks like Thomann are quite inconsistent in their customer care, I would say, rather than 100% bad.
Incidentally, everything I have ever bought as new from them has been brand new and "normal" for real, not B-stock, including the scratched bass guitar (which was otherwise perfect).

I can only comment from my own personal experience with Thomman & needless to say I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!!

They do use Parcelfarce, it did cost me over £15 to return the item, plus I'm still not in receipt of the funds??

As the saying goes - 'Buyer Beware'!!

Edited by dodgnofski

[quote name='Mylkinut' timestamp='1336848031' post='1651964']
She told me she couldn't give discounts, so I tried the I'm-your-son angle. She was having none of it :(
[/quote]

Come on now, lah - at some point along the way she told you about the tooth fairy and easter bunny, too, and look how they panned out ;)

Just checked the tracking details and they received the cab back on Wednesday, yet so far I've heard nothing.
Seems like they charge return shipping if you are just returning an item, hopefully I will avoid this as I have asked for a replacement.

I bought an amp from them on Monday. Left a comment saying send by UPS standard. They phoned first thing in the morning, upgraded for no charge and I received the amp today. In the past when I have had trouble I just phoned them and it was sorted. I'd never rely on e-mails. With their shipping accounts they will not be able to offer free returns, as the couriers will charge them. The difference being the return on an account as large as theirs will be £2 or something.