Why become a member? ×

*Insert lame greeting title*

Honest Guy

Sup people of the basschat world.

After a week on the site, I thought it would be a nice idea to greet the bass world and share about my life and music and hopefully, get a wee bit of feedback with your thoughts etc.

So... I live in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. I play rhythm guitar in a band made up of 5 individuals. I can't quite name the style but it's a mash of funk, jazz, indy and post hardcore... It sounds beautiful and ever so different

I play a Reverend Double Agent - by far the best guitar in it's price bracket.
Recently bought a Fender HotRod Deluxe, ltd edition
I have a black cable

...and a Blackstar HT-5 on the side for good measure!

That's about it really! Love the site and look forward to finding out what it means to have G.A.S?!?!

Peace

Welcome to the forum, it may be called Basschat but we even have a section for guitars too, so your top priority is to get some pics posted (If you haven't already) of your lovely sounding gear. I absolutely love the HT-5's, get the head version running through a good cab and you can get some serious volume, same with the HT-1 i tried too.

Liam

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1335884962' post='1637535']
He's lying - GAS stands for "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" - stick around and you'll soon be "suffering" with it along with most of us..
[/quote]

Thanks Mate! I know what it means... I've just never "suffered" from it. Although, there have been a few items that have caught my attention. Pity the bank balance doesn't always allow me to live the elaborate life I wish I could :( Sigh...

Hi, Honest Guy,

Welcome to BC! I trust you'll enjoy.

Thanks for mentioning the Reverend. I was just looking into their basses, as they seemed low-priced for the quality.

GAS is really for bassists only. You guitards just buy good gear. We on the sLow End make terrible mistakes all the time, and don't realise before it's too late. Nice though, with 37 basses on the walls. Saves on expensive art 'n' stuff.

best,
bert

Sup Stu

I play with the one they call "Ben Jamin"... He's commented on here somehwhere. I'm based at New Life Church in Lincoln, but we've recently started a band and aim to achieve stuff... Not too sure what that is yet, or what it'll look like. We're just enjoying making the noise, known as music :-)

Yourself?

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1335957445' post='1638518']
A guitarist? But....... Basschat?

:P

Welcome to the show! :sun_bespectacled:
[/quote]

Thanks mate... I was just told that this website was FAR better than any guitar forum, as bassists tend to be the ones who pay attention to the details that nobody else really cares about :P

P.S - I started out on bass and am still a passionate bassist at heart.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1335896179' post='1637730']
Hi, Honest Guy,

Welcome to BC! I trust you'll enjoy.

Thanks for mentioning the Reverend. I was just looking into their basses, as they seemed low-priced for the quality.

GAS is really for bassists only. You guitards just buy good gear. We on the sLow End make terrible mistakes all the time, and don't realise before it's too late. Nice though, with 37 basses on the walls. Saves on expensive art 'n' stuff.

best,
bert
[/quote]

Reverends are actually phenomenal guitars for the price... I can (literally) move from a telecaster type sound to a strat type sound, to an SG, all with the flick of a switch or the turn of a knob on my guitar. I absolutely love it!!!

As for this site - I just bought an amp that was found on here! Bloody cracking piece of gear!!!

See you around

Jarryd

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1335961812' post='1638634']
Best intro thread of the year so far :D :P :sun_bespectacled:

PS Welcome!
[/quote]

I'm hoping that's a good thing... Being a guitarist, I'm not often sure if people are taking the mick or actually being humorous?!?!