Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New gear!

jackhammer

Hello all,

So I woke up this morning and realised, I have a predicament, so I came here for some advice!

I have some money to spend, about 500 of your finest English, all sounds great, but here is said predicament

Do I buy....

Squier VM jazz and a second cab for my GK MB500

Orrrrr

Sterling by musicman ray34

What would you guys do? All opinions welcome!

Jack

Why don't you wait until you have real GAS for something. If you had real GAS you wouldn't be on here asking. However, if it was my money I would buy the USA Jazz that is currently sitting in the 'for sale' section for £500.

Edited by Hutton

So a J bass or a Ray. Tonally different and a very different playing experience too. How have you arrived at these 2 as options? Which one would you prefer, or which suits your musical requirements better?

Hi again, when I said I realised today, I was making my post a bit more interesting :P
I've been drooling over both basses for a while now, and have been and tested both, I preferred the stingray but I loved the jazz too, ahhh I just don't know!
yes I only have the one cab at the moment, and I don't really need the second if im honest, i just feel like im wasting all that extra power!mi feel like i owe it to gk to get the second cab, haha!
I don't spend my money drinking or going out all the time, I don't really spend it on anything to be honest, I'm a bit boring really :s so I like to spend my savings on basses and the such, which is why I'm looking for advice and options, I'm not buying anything because I need it or anything like that, not even actively gigging at the moment, just band practicing a few times a week.
I just like to spend my money on my interests!

Hope my rambling made a slight bit of sense.

Jack

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1335292105' post='1628827']
What would I do?

Neither.

But it doesn't matter what I'd do. Are you just buying gear for the sake of it? Do you have a specific need in mind? What gear do you have, what needs do you have, etc etc.
[/quote]

Why would you do neither? just curious

I think he means if you already have gear that's doing the job just fine, why buy anything else?

Personally I'd just buy one amazing cab. EBS Neoline, Barefaced, Schroeder etc you could get something really special to bring out the best of your current amp and basses. Any money left over I'd get good cables from Obbm (do a search for him on this site, he makes literally the best cables) and get some good accessories together. iGiG bags, decent stands, a few spare packs of strings etc.

£500 is not to be sniffed at though. Im currently saving for a wedding, and that would go a long long way!

Truckstop

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1335337722' post='1629337']

Well, I have no need for a jazz, a cab, or a Sterling!
[/quote]

Haha that's a fair enough reason I suppose :D

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1335348134' post='1629525']
I thought I had 500 quid, but then the road tax came up, and the MOT, and the washing machine broke.
Now i have f*** all.

Get the cab and the jazz, 2 things are better than one. :)
[/quote]

Off to andertons to test things out again!

so i bought the jazz :D quick question, will these fit?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Jazz-Bass-Bridge-Cover-Pickup-Cover-Chrome-/360453055085?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item53ecad226d"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Jazz-Bass-Bridge-Cover-Pickup-Cover-Chrome-/360453055085?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item53ecad226d[/url]