Why become a member? ×

Tobias Growler (snigger) GAS attack

far0n

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1335203947' post='1627254']
I do love those basses, when I couldn't find the right Ray 4 I almost went Growler. As it is, I'm pleased I stayed away, I heard bad things about them. :)
[/quote]

Pray do tell what they might be?

Not the age old 'Nashville/Far Eastern Tobias basses not as good as handmade items from Mr Tobias himself' shocker, is it?

Edited by Chris2112

my Growler arrived last week.
shits all over any MM I've played. and this is with super high action , a twisted neck and a broken bridge saddle. Imagine how it's going to be when fixed all nice and proper?

it's the lighest Bass I have ever owned, it';s resonance is incredible and the electronincs very well though out.
it's going to seriously kick ass.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1335206037' post='1627309']
Pray do tell what they might be?
[/quote]

That they're addictive, they control your lives and that they're owned by people you should stay well away from. That's what I've heard about growlers from my dad anyway. ;)

Used to own one. Very nice bass indeed. Had an asymetric neck if I remember correctly, and a fabulous Bart pickup with a shedload of control options. I cant really remember why I sold it, except that it was quite beat up and I'm a bit of a tart when it comes to basses. I can remember filling in the missing bits of matt black finish with a felt tip pen..........

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1335245189' post='1627777']
That recording is sweetened quite a bit. But I do rate the design and ergonomics of Tobias basses.
[/quote]

yeah always been one of my favourite designs, can't beat them for comfort and playability. i own a few, a toby pro, toby acoustic, mtd grendal and a tobias renegade... and really rate them all (yes even the cheap korean ones) always wanted a growler but they so rarely come up over here and i'm sick of getting stung on import tax!

• 2 weeks later...

yes , the Growler has a small body.
[quote name='kingforaday' timestamp='1335702393' post='1634705']
yeah always been one of my favourite designs, can't beat them for comfort and playability. i own a few, a toby pro, toby acoustic, mtd grendal and a tobias renegade... and really rate them all (yes even the cheap korean ones) always wanted a growler but they so rarely come up over here and i'm sick of getting stung on import tax!
[/quote]

got a Grendel V, magic bass indeed. goes good with flats.