Why become a member? ×

Duck Dunn Fender Precision. A rare thing. Withdrawn.

karlfer

1998 FENDER Japan Donald "Duck" Dunn Precision. Number 0231 of 1000 made, Mr Dunn allegedly has no's 1 and 2.
150 made it to the USA, who knows where the rest went.
Very Limited Edition. Based on one of his original Sunburst 58's. Candy Apple Red, gold coloured anodised plate, maple neck and board, 42mm nut width. I have not seen one for sale on Basschat since I joined 3 years ago.

[attachment=105106:Pic_0414_309.jpg][attachment=105107:Pic_0414_310.jpg][attachment=105108:Pic_0414_311.jpg][attachment=105109:Pic_0414_312.jpg][attachment=105110:Pic_0414_313.jpg][attachment=105111:Pic_0414_314.jpg][attachment=105112:Pic_0414_315.jpg][attachment=105113:Pic_0414_316.jpg][attachment=105114:Pic_0414_317.jpg]

Original owner bought it in Jan 1999 from Oasis music,l got it recently from him. Generally very good nick, but well gigged and it shows.
Issues.
Jack socket could do with replacing.
Bridge screws rusty, as is some of bridge and scratchplate screws. Wear on the G string side from frets 4/6. Nasty little dink and couple of scratches on top horn. Dink in back of neck behind 1st fret, a little buckle rash on back. Couple of dinks in headstock. NOTHING is anything other than minor.
Original pup included, currently has professionally fitted SD Quarter Pounder SP3.
Original tuners included, currently has professionally fitted Kluson reverse.
Now looking at getting that there FenderBird. If that goes this will get withdrawn.
£550 collected from Wigan, £575 delivered, sorry, no offers.
ABSOLUTELY NO SALE OUTSIDE UK/IRELAND!

Any questions please just ask, and have a look at my feedback [color=#FF0000](there is a negative bit there now, so please read carefully).[/color]
Sorry, NO PAINPal
Below is a link to a bit on a Fender Forum.
[url="http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12611"]http://www.fender.co...php?f=9&t=12611[/url]

Edited by karlfer

Sorry, I'm dim.
Just to clarify, the pick up and tuners that are currently on the bass, are staying on the bass.
The original tuners and pick up are also included in the sale price in case a new owner chooses to put it back to original spec.
Ta,
Karl.

Thanks for the comments (and bumps :D )fellas.
Staggering 700+ views in 24 hours. Wish I had a digital camera to do it justice as I guess a lot of folk haven't seen one of these before.
Good luck with the Blazer, fine basses/
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='lloyd' timestamp='1334506556' post='1616964']
Give us yer Lakland Karl....... :D
[/quote]

Aye, cos that's gonna happen Lloyd.
Not even for the legendary Pheonix dude :D .
Meanwhile, if anybody wants these photo's emailing to them they may come out a bit better than they appear here.
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1334597129' post='1618293']
I had one of these.. it was gorgeous, and weight just short of nothing. I wish I'd hung on to it.
[/quote]

Cheers WOT

Post # 4 :ph34r:
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/donald-duck-dunn-fender-precision-bass-491863/"]http://www.talkbass....on-bass-491863/[/url]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Rammsteinbrit' timestamp='1334664197' post='1619304']
SO cheap!! I would bite your hand off if i had the money!

Good Luck and Bump!
[/quote]

Thank you.
I would agree it is a reasonable price for a quality Limited Edition bass.

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1334746122' post='1620513']
Karl, I have decided that you are just going to have to give me this bass!

Nah, but more seriously, I'd have it off you in a flash if I was a bit more flush.

good luck

andy
[/quote]

I hear and obey Master :D

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1334412048' post='1615887']
Bridge screws rusty, as is some of bridge and scratchplate screws. Wear on the G string side from frets 4/6. Nasty little dink and couple of scratches on top horn. Dink in back of neck behind 1st fret, a little buckle rash on back. Couple of dinks in headstock. NOTHING is anything other than minor.
[/quote]
They're all plusses man. Character I call it.

Have another bump.

The Tokai I was after has gone sadly. However, one of my other "always wanted one of them" is for sale, so this is up until that has gone.
Then it will be withdrawn.
Ta,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer