Why become a member? ×

BC London Meetup - Saturday 26th May

Silvia Bluejay

A BBQ at GW's sounds lovely, but I'm afraid it's a bit far East for me :lol:

I just really link up with you Lunnoners if there is something going on within easy reach of Dad's when I am paying him one of my regular visits. But Greenwich would be a bit difficult to get to.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for other meet ups which might be a bit easier.
The SE Bass Bash for instance - if that's in Addlestone again I'll be up for it. :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1338288073' post='1672059']
I don't really think it will be necessary for the "girls" to stay later and clear up....
[/quote]

Leave 'em to it - they love nothing more than a good old Hoover & polish............. :D

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1338307079' post='1672487']

I just really link up with you Lunnoners if there is something going on within easy reach of Dad's when I am paying him one of my regular visits. But Greenwich would be a bit difficult to get to.

The SE Bass Bash for instance - if that's in Addlestone again I'll be up for it. :)
[/quote]

I am sorry that you feel Greenwich is too far away, but it's only 7 miles down from the Southbank where you did go last time. I have to travel every weekend by car to my son in Richmond on the opposite side of London on the dreaded A205 South Circula it 16 miles that take 2 hours each way there and back of hell. One of the worst London roads.

Thing is, Cental London is only 20 - 30 mins away from Walton on Thames (where Dad is) by train.

A meeting involving bringing my bass would involve driving, and I'm a nervous driver, no good at following directions and hopeless at parking. Apart from that I'm fine!
And of course I'm starting the journey in Birmingham.

With the London and SE things I'm just a bit of a gate crasher really. Just tagging along if things are in the vicinity of Dad.

I'm sure there will be plenty of 'proper' London bass players to make a meeting in Greenwich go with a swing. :lol:

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1338391905' post='1673825']
....I'm a nervous driver, no good at following directions and hopeless at parking.
[/quote]

Cracking bit of female stereotype/cliche reinforcement going on there. :D

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1338397362' post='1673963']

Cracking bit of female stereotype/cliche reinforcement going on there. :D
[/quote]

I didnt say it was cos I was female. It's just the way I am.

Anyway, back on topic...who's up for GW's BBQ then? Sounds like a great idea to me.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1338400942' post='1674044']
I didnt say it was cos I was female. It's just the way I am.

Anyway, back on topic...who's up for GW's BBQ then? Sounds like a great idea to me.
[/quote]

Some deft logical footwork there Shell. :lol:

Actually, just wondering out loud, could a BC meet up work in Hull?

***Sound of wind whistling though trees***

OK, stop flinging the tumbleweed at me. :angry:

Hello.... anyone there... it's awfully echoey in here.... :unsure:

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1338307079' post='1672487']

[/quote]

It's easy, man. Once your up to Waterloo, go to London Bridge from Waterloo East, then off to Greenwhich

I'd be up for it too.

Re. gender stereotyping - try being unable to drive at all, and also hopelessly crap at reading maps (oooo!) and at the same time being the one the car mechanic, the plumber, the IT engineer etc. talk to when they have to explain a problem, 'cos you're the one who knows what they're talking about... :D

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1338417294' post='1674455']
Monday is 4th June. I might make it but not 100% sure at this stage. Perhaps the date is a bit too close to be sure many of us aren't booked on other commitments?
[/quote]

Ok corrected... well summer is here now... we wait any longer and winter comes..... I am cool, everyone who is interested please let me know when you plan to be available and we'll see...

its a daytime barbeque, remember.