Why become a member? ×

Gig Meetups - Meet BC'ers at gigs

charic

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1335903230' post='1637900']
YAY! I'm following you guys on FB too, and I've seen the updates about your album. Good stuff.
[/quote]

Thanks for the interest!

Autumn Leaves is nearly mixed
Alchemist is nearly done recording
Everything except vocals down for sands and the divine misanthropy
I've got to get my head around memorising surpassing chaos (its pretty mad)
Should be ready to record the bass to unfound soon too
Then there's just two other short tracks :-D

I generally only go to my own gigs these days!! So I'll plug my gig this Saturday - trouble is it is in Italy in Salerno at forte L Carnale which apparently is a 15th century castle

Edited by Twigman

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1334241776' post='1613106']
OK - here's one from me - [b]Spice Of Life - Thursday 3rd May[/b] - I'm playing with my jazz funk band plus have the fantastic saxophonist [b]Dave O'Higgins[/b] sitting in as a guest on a few tunes. The venue is just off Charing Cross road (near Foyles) it's essentially a pub upstairs with a music venue in the basement and has a great intimate vibe - though it does have a capacity of around 100 so can get very busy...

AND - there's the added incentive of turning up with you bass to sit in in the second set as there's a groove-led jazz jam - I was the only bassist last time and I had to play all night while the rest of the band went to the bar and drank beer... if you are vaguely jazz/funk inclined please come and play....

[url="http://www.spiceoflifesoho.com/"]http://www.spiceoflifesoho.com/[/url]

Hope to see some of you there

Mike
[/quote]

Mike, looks like i'm going to be stuck on a horridly urgent project until late tonight, and will have to miss you gig. I'm gutted - please accept my apologies. I hope to be able to come along to another of you gigs soon. Do keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Stickman' timestamp='1338208389' post='1670767']
I will be at the Islington Academy to see Gavin Harrison & 05ric plus Tony Levin & Pat Mastelotto on June 7th.
[/quote]

I'm seeing them in cardiff two nights earlier. VERY excited!!

Wish I still had my Stick - I could have got it signed by Tony Levin. :(

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1338207114' post='1670754']
Paul Rodgers with the Deborah Bonham Band at The Venue, Chichester this Thursday (31/5); followed by
[/quote]
Pretty good night with PR on last doing a load of Free & BadCo, but no Queen funnily enough :rolleyes: Managed to keep my arms locked at my side for the charity auction before he did his set - eg the Jimmy Page Danelectro "Who'll start me at £2k? Thank you. 3. 4. Well I know someone in the states who'll have it for £6k. Any more? Sold" :o
[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1338207114' post='1670754']
Little Angels for their Download warm up @ The Wedgewood Rooms Southsea the following Tuesday (5/6)
[/quote]Now this was a damn fine night! Not quite so much hair nowadays (except for Mr Jepson). Rock the way it should be. Three rows back in a small sweaty club, not through binoculars at some enormodrome, or soggy field.

The support (The Temperance Movement) were pretty good too in a Black Crowesy / full beard de rigeur fashion.

• 2 weeks later...