Why become a member? ×

Gig Meetups - Meet BC'ers at gigs

charic

Quite simple really,

We're all music lovers etc so there's a fairly high likelihood that we'll be going to some of the same gigs!

So here's the gigs that I'm currently going too. If anyone else is going drop me a line and we can hang out!

Scar Symmetry - 9th May - Islington
Tenacious D - 5th June - O2 Academy Brixton

This thread is an excellent idea!

I'm still tempted to go see Judas Priest at the Hammersmith Apollo on May 26th (yes, the day of the London BC Meetup!).
I haven't bought a ticket because it's around £40, and I'd be going alone, and I've seen the band several times, the last relatively recently when they still had KK on guitar. BUT - if any other metalheads here are equally tempted, I could be swayed... :)

Edited by bluejay

OK - here's one from me - [b]Spice Of Life - Thursday 3rd May[/b] - I'm playing with my jazz funk band plus have the fantastic saxophonist [b]Dave O'Higgins[/b] sitting in as a guest on a few tunes. The venue is just off Charing Cross road (near Foyles) it's essentially a pub upstairs with a music venue in the basement and has a great intimate vibe - though it does have a capacity of around 100 so can get very busy...

AND - there's the added incentive of turning up with you bass to sit in in the second set as there's a groove-led jazz jam - I was the only bassist last time and I had to play all night while the rest of the band went to the bar and drank beer... if you are vaguely jazz/funk inclined please come and play....

[url="http://www.spiceoflifesoho.com/"]http://www.spiceoflifesoho.com/[/url]

Hope to see some of you there

Mike

Well, I'm into jazz-funk-fusion (as well as a lot of other genres!), I've seen and liked Dave O'Higgins before, and would absolutely love to check out your band.
I've pencilled this in, subject to a couple of things I might have to do or be at on the day.
I really hope to be able to see you there. Thanks for the heads up.

Everybody, please keep plugs coming! :D

I'm playing Get Rompered Festival (Wybersley Hall Farm, Cheshire) on the 18th of May (Opening the friday night) if anyone else is on there, and i'm at Simple Plan at the Manchester HMV Ritz on the 2nd of May. I'll be very likely to add more to that list yet, as i'm always buying tickets.

Liam

I'll be at Silddx's Kit Richardson gig 21st May at the Half Moon. I'll be wearing a hat and drinking a pint of creme de menthe with a lemonade top.

My own band, the Jetsonics upcoming shows are Half Moon 4th May with mod garage poppers the Len Price 3 and the Past Tense. Mohair and button downs and beehives all over the shop if it's like the last one we did with them.
And 3rd June at the Tropic, Ruislip and 30th June Half Moon again both with the Members who've got Rat Scabies on drums. These gigs are the proper Sound of the Suburbs.

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1334316820' post='1614346']
I'll be at Silddx's Kit Richardson gig 21st May at the Half Moon. I'll be wearing a hat and drinking a pint of creme de menthe with a lemonade top.

My own band, the Jetsonics upcoming shows are Half Moon 4th May with mod garage poppers the Len Price 3 and the Past Tense. Mohair and button downs and beehives all over the shop if it's like the last one we did with them.
And 3rd June at the Tropic, Ruislip and 30th June Half Moon again both with the Members who've got Rat Scabies on drums. These gigs are the proper Sound of the Suburbs.
[/quote]

Might have to try and make the Ruislip one.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bargain, even more so now that any ordinary gig will set you back at the very least £25...

Please keep us posted on other metal gigs you may be going to - sometimes they slip through my net when I'm busy and then I kick myself for missing them :)

And if your band comes to London, we want to know that too! \m/ :D