Why become a member? ×

Please identify this bass guitar

fumps

I have seen a Leeds based band called "Bassa-Bassa" several times over the years. A great band for a sunny afternoon.

Anyway a few years ago i caught them at Kirkstall Abbey (Just a short walk from my house) festival. And when i was watching them i was really loving the Bassist's sound.

I was planning to ask the bassist what his Bass was but he slipped away when they were packing up & i missed him anyway i was randomly looking through some pics & found a pic of it ......can anyone tell me what Bass guitar this is ?

Yeh i wasn't sold on the looks either but the sound was fantastic, very thick without being too muddy ......i know this does not make much sense but it was enough for me to start a major gas attack.
I have never seen a Bass like that, so was just interested what it was

Yep I agree with the homemade hypotheses. The way the hole in the lower horn connects with the scratch plate looks slightly ill conceived.
The switching options look interesting - would be good to know what he's done there and what pre he's using. The J pup looks kind of DiMarzio and my gut feeling is the P is an EMG. Maybe you could email him for the spec.

Ok interesting indeed !

I have to say i knew he was not using any effects at the time, But if it is an home made Bass the sound quality was bloody amazing !!

Just as an aside would it be possible to make a Bass body that is made up of crossed tree roots ? Like that but more smaller holes ?

I'm thinking it would make an interesting looking Body......very Tolkien

Edited by fumps

Yes thats them......a really good laugh to see them.
it's one of them bands that have a different line up at every event. the sound on that was really crap which is a shame, but live they are great for a sunny afternoon with a beer in your hand
:)

Edited by fumps

They have a website [url="http://www.bassabassa.co.uk/people.htm"]http://www.bassabassa.co.uk/people.htm[/url] drop em a line see what you can find out. Mind you looks like a while since it's been updated

Edited by Nibody