Why become a member? ×

5 String Status Electro ***Mega Price Drop!!***

andyonbass

Up for sale is my Electro 1, for the simple reason that I'm really only playing fretless these days and this deserves to be used rather than tucked away in its case. I'm not entirely sure of the age of the bass, but the previous owner had it for over six years. During that time it sustained some minor damage which resulted in a small hairline crack on the headstock, which was expertly repaired by Rob Green at Status Graphite, and as such it is rock solid and I have every confidence in it.
The body has a few scuffs on the back and sides but the front face is in very good condition.It is strung with Status half wound strings and it plays and feels lovely.
It only weighs seven and a half pounds!!
Comes with a Status branded hiscox hard case.

Will sell for [s]£495[/s] [s]£450[/s] £399 plus shipping

edit. can email more pics on request!

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1332346490' post='1587043']
That would probably make a very nice fretless in its own right. I wonder what a new unlined ebony board would cost?
[/quote]

I was jist going to say the same thing. I would get a new board... or could rob sell you a graphite neck for it?

Oohh I'm quite surprised how much I love this bass as I'm not keen on the status look (fantastic sound though) I'm imagining this fretless and tuned e-c.
I would love to hear how it sounds! Bump for a fantastic bass :)

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1332441902' post='1588513']
Oohh I'm quite surprised how much I love this bass as I'm not keen on the status look (fantastic sound though) I'm imagining this fretless and tuned e-c.
I would love to hear how it sounds! Bump for a fantastic bass :)
[/quote]

Thanks Lee, yeah, I reckon it would make a great fretless, its quite a bright sounding bass, but can be persuaded into an old school thump using the versatile tone control, especially with the halfrounds on it.
I'll give it a week or so and then look into the cost of a defret or replacement board

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1332647771' post='1591148']
That's a fine looking bass, get a new fretless neck....string it with flats....you don't like ...you got a neck to sell....you get it de-fretted...you don't like it........stuffed
[/quote]

I take your point, but allow me to refer you to my "disposable income" comment above!! If a bit more work comes in thats exactly what I'll be doing if I still have it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Status Electros are just amazing as fretless basses. I have an Electro 2. When it has halfwounds on it it sings like nothing else. Flats on it give a lovely thumpy sound. Doubt Rob Green would be able to make a new wooden neck as he doesn't make wooden necks any longer. That would have to be done by a luthier. Again much money. I thibnk a defret would bring this alive.

Edited by BassBus

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1334577515' post='1617826']
If you want a good fingerboard replacement or just defretted The guys at Sei basses/ Bass Gallery do a sterling job.
[/quote]

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1334577232' post='1617818']
Status Electros are just amazing as fretless basses. I have an Electro 2. When it has halfwounds on it it sings like nothing else. Flats on it give a lovely thumpy sound. Doubt Rob Green would be able to make a new wooden neck as he doesn't make wooden necks any longer. That would have to be done by a luthier. Again much money. I thibnk a defret would bring this alive.
[/quote]

Thanks guys, a trip to the gallery is looking increasingly likely ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Owing to the imminent arrival of a new fretless, I really have to move this great instrument on.

[size=5][u]Now down to £399 plus shipping[/u][/size]

I'm heading up the M6 to Moffat at the weekend so possible meet or delivery could be arranged en route

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1356433899' post='1910160']
That's a Xmas bargain for someone ... Considerably less than what I paid for my fretless one.
[/quote]

Yep! I'm taking a bit of a hit here, but Its just gathering dust at the moment, I did look at the cost of a fretless neck from Status, but the cost would be prohibitive as Rob is not tooled up for wooden necks any more. An unlined board might have been a possibility, but the edge markers in the normal (between the frets) position would probably confuse me!

New instrument in coming at the weekend so I need the space!

Twas me
Andy held this over for me to try today. Just want to say to those who can't just pop down the road that it's a nice bass and has got me thinking :gas: . My reason for not buying is more to do with GAS guilt and the wifes birthday in two weeks. Than any issues with the bass. I was also thinking towards a fretless project with this and feel now that this could end up an expensive experiment. Sorry Andy and good luck.