Why become a member? ×

Where to buy a new bass?

mentalextra

A simple Google search throws up loads.

[url="http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=squier+vintage+modified+jazz+fretless+bass&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1111&bih=532&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2104597540914358998&os=sellers&sa=X&ei=bxtlT9y2OpO00QWrt7mqCA&ved=0CF0Q_QgwAQ"]http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=squier+vintage+modified+jazz+fretless+bass&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1111&bih=532&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2104597540914358998&os=sellers&sa=X&ei=bxtlT9y2OpO00QWrt7mqCA&ved=0CF0Q_QgwAQ[/url]

Yh I realise that, but is there a recognised leader in "cheapness"! Sorry to keep pushing but buying new guitars is something I dont do very often. I know how and where to buy second hand. I have done some basic searches and found very little price differences which surprised me.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1332028885' post='1582422']
GAK (www.gak.co.uk) always seem to have very low prices. And Thomann (www.thomann.de).
[/quote]

I've found recently that Sounds Live has been very competitive with Thomann, certainly with the gear I've been looking at.

I know you're probably bored of hearing this, but the For Sale forum on BC is brilliant, honest traders, instruments that are set up properly, generally a free cup of tea if you meet in person, and it's also better for the environment!

Failing that, you could place an ad in the 'Items wanted' forum and see what that gets you.

Other than that, support your local independent music shop!

If new then you'll most likely get a slightly better price going with an online order but won't get to try the actual bass in a shop, you mention vmj , I guess the prices on something around that mark won't vary that much new from most guitar shops

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1332023338' post='1582356']
....yeah, but if I was looking for a new bass. Where is the best place to buy price wise at the moment?....
[/quote]
Surely price is the clincher if you are looking at the Squier end of the market? So why would you want a new bass when you can get good used basses in perfect condition?

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1332027740' post='1582399']
Yh I realise that, but is there a recognised leader in "cheapness"! Sorry to keep pushing but buying new guitars is something I dont do very often. I know how and where to buy second hand. I have done some basic searches and found very little price differences which surprised me.
[/quote]

... you might also consider balancing "cheapness" with service, if shopping online. No point getting a deal if they ship with f***wit Palet Freight Ltd, of ******h-by-the-Sea, Timbuktu.