Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blur

Pete Academy

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1329862115' post='1548860']
Graham Coxon is the only one who ever had any discernible talent. A truly awful performance, their outstanding contribution to music is that they make everyone else look good.
[/quote]

Is that not a bit harsh? I'm not their biggest fan, but surely more exciting and original than Sheeran, Rianna etc?

I thought they were great. Blur have always had that messy edge to them.

My old band played with them at Food Records birthday bash at Islington Powerhaus. I got Alex James so stoned, he fell off the stage. They are messy and shambolic live and that is a good thing in my book.

The rest of the Brits was so poor. It's a tragedy that music in the UK that shifts sales is in the state it is in.

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1329862814' post='1548885']

My old band played with them at Food Records birthday bash at Islington Powerhaus. I got Alex James so stoned, he fell off the stage. They are messy and shambolic live and that is a good thing in my book.

The rest of the Brits was so poor. It's a tragedy that music in the UK that shifts sales is in the state it is in.
[/quote]

full stop.

[/quote]

Still messy and shambolic after 21 years together........sums them up.

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1329862115' post='1548860']
Graham Coxon is the only one who ever had any discernible talent. A truly awful performance, their outstanding contribution to music is that they make everyone else look good.
[/quote]

Not true I'm afraid. Damon has bags of talent, a gifted lyricist and writer. Musical preferences aside of course.

Unfortunately I've not seen the performance just yet, however as much as I 'like' (tolerate) Adele, I know which act I'd prefer to watch, even if Blur are a bit hit or miss live. If there was a problem with the scheduling of the show then that's the Brit's fault, not any individual act's.

I absolutely love Blur.

[b]My old band played with them at Food Records birthday bash at Islington Powerhaus. I got Alex James so stoned, he fell off the stage. They are messy and shambolic live and that is a good thing in my book.[/b]

[/quote]

We need to talk about this more Steve! Just reading Alex James's autobiography at the moment, he got up to some crazy stuff back in the day. Balfe sounds like such a character.

I did see Graham Coxon in York once, playing at Fibbers. He was off his head, and played most of the show sitting/lying down... to the annoyance of everyone not in the front row, such was the state of old Fibbers!

Quite an intimate crowd that night. And all f***ed off with him. He didn't stick around long.

I also had the misfortune to watch that 'performance'. Dont get me wrong, I like Blur, we do Boys and Girls in the function band, but that 'performance' was gash at best. Parklife was appaling, out of time, and it looked like they were clinging onto a past glory. I don't care if its labelled as a 'punk-ish' performance, it was still dreadful. As Mum would say, ''Im not angry, Im dissapointed.''

Like I say, I am a Blur fan though.

Dan

Blur made some great songs, but that performance was very poor. Lead singer shouting instead of singing and Coxon adding in some extra bum notes here and there. The bass player and drummer were solid though.

A disgrace to cut Adele short ...... and yes, they shoulf (a) Give that award back (B) Stay disbanded and retire

I liked the music, but thought Damon Albarn sounded like a pub drunk doing a Damon Albarn impression on karaoke.

But, overall, I liked the fact that instead of shiny polished people with costume changes, and dancers, there were 4 scruffy lads on stage making a racket.