Why become a member? ×

Taken ill whilst playing a gig

Floyd Pepper

:blink:

I feel sorry for whoever was stood in front of him.

I once did a gig whilst feeling decidedly under the weather, as soon as we finished our set I amde my way straight to the facilities which were extremely ropey, had only two cubicles, and the only one with a working lock was occupied by a guy who was quite loudly 'enjoying' himself. Luckily my flat was only around the corner. Edited by mrdreadful

at one gig in a previous band, the vocalist's Mother took him into drug rehab during the break.

Cue frantic set list shuffling for the final set working out what we could still do, leading to the immortal Spinal Tap line given utterance by the guitarist 'that's a cosy 10 minutes' :lol:

True.

In 1976 I suffered from a fatal heart attack during 'All Right Now'. I was rushed to hospital, but was declared dead on arrival. However, I managed to get back in time for the encore, 'Hi-Ho Silver Lining'. I just carried on, basically. Well, you did in them days, didn't you?

Not like now. The slightest sniffle, and you're all, 'ooh, we better get a dep in.' Twunts.

Heart attack??!? You were lucky - I'd have killed to just have a heart attack and die!

First I had to steal all the gear I was gonna use, and got away with it by the skin of my teeth. Then during the show my arms fell off, so I had to do the rest of the set with my feet. Then some bright spark threw anthrax powder in my face and took a cheese grater to my 'nads... You don't know you're born you lot!

[quote name='Jayben' timestamp='1327904662' post='1518440']
Heart attack??!? You were lucky - I'd have killed to just have a heart attack and die!

First I had to steal all the gear I was gonna use, and got away with it by the skin of my teeth. Then during the show my arms fell off, so I had to do the rest of the set with my feet. Then some bright spark threw anthrax powder in my face and took a cheese grater to my 'nads... You don't know you're born you lot!
[/quote]

Luxury....

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1327847909' post='1517574']
I had severe food poisoning when I did this (live in front of a grey army of OAPs) and could hardly sit on the stool.. which might explain why a lot of it is rather out of tune!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjbqdf-cJN4[/media]
[/quote]

Nightmare, live on television wtih a beautiful woman and all you can think of is getting through the performance without crapping your pants!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1327934011' post='1518990']
...wtih a beautiful woman and all you can think of is getting through the performance without crapping your pants!
[/quote]

If you're wearing any, that is.

Edit: Risk of Boston Pancake: 95% (est).

Edited by discreet

Never experienced a problem myself by have seen some stuff in my capacity as a guitar tech, Many many years ago the bass player in the band I roadied for started running a crazy temperature, he was shivering like a jellyfish and ended up sitting on a chair with a blanket round him while he finished the set. He kept passing out in the van on the long journey home, he ended up in hospital with [b]Septicemia [/b]
[b]He was in a bad way for several days.[/b]