Why become a member? ×

sweet ass peavey!

Check [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-G-Bass-4-in-Holoflake-Black-with-carbon-neck_W0QQitemZ190210014315QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]this[/url] out!

Multi coloured 'holoflake black' sparkle paint job, graphite neck, pau ferro board, made in USA and it's at £200 with no bids... it's not my bass i just thought i'd point it out because it looks sweet!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='169379' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:50 PM']it looks sweet![/quote]

NO.......it looks a bit too gay for me!

not that i'm a homophobe, or have anything against gays......................(thought i'd better add that before the thread deteriorated! :) )

[quote name='610*c' post='171090' date='Apr 6 2008, 11:57 PM']Its been on evil before a few months back.. assuming its the same one, cant be too many of these flamboyant flea like basses about id say.[/quote]
That must be why i like it :huh: i'm a huge fan of flea, and now you mention it, it does look very flea-ish, if only the pickup was a bit closer to the bridge :)

[quote name='paul, the' post='169474' date='Apr 3 2008, 09:54 PM']It depends if your idea of funk is '70s BBC education programs.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Henry "King Thumb"Thomas and Deidre Cartwright and Geoffrey??? now for you with another poptastic episode of ROCKSCHOOL!.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='171979' date='Apr 8 2008, 01:47 AM']That must be why i like it :huh: i'm a huge fan of flea, and now you mention it, it does look very flea-ish, if only the pickup was a bit closer to the bridge :)[/quote]

thats exactly the problem i have with mine, it sounds more like a superprecision than a musicman. cant quite understand the pup placing as peavey were quite clearly aiming for a flea bass style

[quote name='d-basser' post='172126' date='Apr 8 2008, 11:45 AM']thats exactly the problem i have with mine, it sounds more like a superprecision than a musicman. cant quite understand the pup placing as peavey were quite clearly aiming for a flea bass style[/quote]
Yeah that's what i was thinking, i'd love it if the pickup was in the musicman sweet spot...