Why become a member? ×

Miles driven/time playing

philw

All,

I'll be setting off from sunny Brighton a bit later to drive to Cambridge for a live session with the band (The Galleons) on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire (about 9.15 apparently). We're going to get to play two songs, so that's 236 miles driving (according to Google maps) for around 8 minutes playing. Or to put it another way, 29.5 miles per minute of music. Now I'm sure, in the grand scheme of things, it's nothing too exceptional, but it got me wondering what's the longest anybody's travelled specifically for the shortest single performance?

Phil

London to Manchester, BBC radio one session.
1 song! Which was a single at the time.
That was back in the 80's when I was young and had loads of energy.
Now I'll only go out once ive had my tea, and if I'm guaranteed back in time for news at 10! Don't get as much work these days.....?!

[size=4]A band I was in many years ago drove from Brussels to Cannes for 2 gigs at the Midem Film Festival and I've done London to Frankfurt twice. [/size]

[size=4]The Cure won't fly so they do their entire US tours by car! That's way too much driving for me![/size]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1327330021' post='1509378']
[size=4]A band I was in many years ago drove from Brussels to Cannes for 2 gigs at the Midem Film Festival and I've done London to Frankfurt twice. [/size]

[size=4]The Cure won't fly so they do their entire US tours by car! That's way too much driving for me![/size]
[/quote]

Haven't they heard of the 'locomotive'? ;)
I've never gone far for gigs. I'm sure it has its appeal in a 'tales from the road' kind of way but I've never done originals bands and can usually scrape together enough gigs locally without too much damage to the environment.