Why become a member? ×

New Fender Select Models

waynepunkdude

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325672172' post='1485802']
Meh. They look like the Jap fotoflames.
[/quote]

+1. The P bass looks VERY boring. They should have given birdseye necks, better colours, a better pickguard, and a quality set of PJ pups on the P. I really don't like the flame body with white guard on the P.

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1325681421' post='1485973']
I'm amazed that no one has commented on the ludicrous publicity shot. What's that all about???!!!
[/quote]

To be fair the bloke is smoking a tab, which suggests he's done the decent thing before turning his attentions to the guitar.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325681841' post='1485983']
To be fair the bloke is smoking a tab, which suggests he's done the decent thing before turning his attentions to the guitar.
[/quote]

:D

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1325681980' post='1485985']
Think the publicity shot is basically 'if you have money to waste on girls and hotels, you can buy an overpriced Fender'.
[/quote]

...but not a pair of trousers that fit

Are we even sure those are his real legs? They look like they are from a ventriloquists' dummy, sewed on to the bottom of his jacket. I think his real legs and lower torso are hidden inside the fake chair. Perhaps the ad was directed by David Lynch?

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1325682275' post='1485988']
...but not a pair of trousers that fit.[/quote]
Maybe he needed to dress in a hurry.

Re: the Jazz Bass. Quite liking it tho' would have prefered seeing it in a darker burst (like the one on the P-bass, maybe) and dot markers. I'm so used to a binding around a neck with blocks. Die hard, or what? Didn't notice the 'knurled knobs' as described on the 'Details' page, and would be interested to get a much closer look at the "[i]stealth string retainer[/i]"....

Edited by mckendrick

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325672172' post='1485802']
Meh. They look like the Jap fotoflames.
[/quote]

That's what I thought!
Saw their Select Strat and thought 'Hang on, my brother's got on of these' :lol:

A lot cheaper and with all the pick-up/electronics upgrades he's made I'd imagine a better guitar too!