Why become a member? ×

F#*!ng DHL....

TheRev

I ordered a bunch of goodies (£180 worth) from Thomann just before Christmas, all timed to ensure that I'd be home when the delivery was due on the 27/28th. Stayed in all day on the 28th but nothing appeared. Never mind I thought, give it another day.

Still nothing.

This morning, I checked the tracking number and DHL say that the package was delivered to me on the 28th December at 09:55.
If that's the case,how come I'm not enjoying my nice new stand and pickup? Eh?
There's no missed delivery note in my post box or under my door. No parcel, nothing.

I've dropped DHL and Thomann an email but haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone else had problems with couriers claiming to have delivered stuff when they clearly haven't? Did the issue get resolved?

Cheers

Angry of Bristol.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1325265822' post='1481549']
Has anyone else had problems with couriers claiming to have delivered stuff when they clearly haven't? Did the issue get resolved?
[/quote]

Yes quite a few times over the years.

It's easily sorted out - I just demand to see a signature on the delivery note and, when they can't supply it, they climb down pretty quickly.
Sometimes the parcels are 'found' in a depot and sometimes the sender re-despatches a replacement order and beat up the delivery agent privately at their own leisure.

Have you checked they've not dumped it in your front garden somewhere? Or maybe with a neighbour? It's also possible that they're tracking system is a bit optimistic.

Some bright spark at a courier company thought it would be a good idea to put a parcel in a wheely bin so it wouldn't get wet..... lucky it wasn't bin day.

Hope you can get it sorted out

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1325266829' post='1481572']
Yup. Over the back gate or in the bin have both happened to me, then the driver was kind enough to sign for it on my behalf - how kind.
[/quote]

I've had both of those as well. One package was delivered into the bin on bin day, just before the truck came around and another was lobbed over the gate and only discovered in a soggy state after three days of torrential rain.

I hate when I order something and I'm forced to use DHL. The worst courier service in my opinion. I had all sorts of problems with them. Their tracking system is just for show. And they love to drop your stuff anywhere just to get rid of it. Customer service is the worst in history. Hopefully Thomann will sort it out for you. Good luck!

Nothing in the bins or garden that I can see. I live in a block of flats and normally deliveries get left in the hall outside my door if I'm not in. This wasn't the case on the day they claim they delivered though, I was most definitley at home.... Either way, I won't have signed for it so the lack of signature on reciept should force the buggers to cough up, if I can actually get to speak to anyone at DHL. I'm also hoping that Thomann will be able to do something from their end as their customer service has alwys been very good in my experience.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1325268366' post='1481598']
I'm also hoping that Thomann will be able to do something from their end as their customer service has alwys been very good in my experience.
[/quote]

They do go the extra mile! I have found them very good in dealing with problems.
Good luck in getting it sorted quickly.

You shouldn't even deal with DHL, you ordered off Thomann, and it's their responsibility to get it to you. They choose the courier company, and it's up to them to deal with the problems DHL cause. If the problem was reversed, if you were returning something to Thomann, do you think they'd chase up royal mail for the package, they wouldn't refund you untill it was back with them.

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1325272854' post='1481667']
You shouldn't even deal with DHL, you ordered off Thomann, and it's their responsibility to get it to you. They choose the courier company, and it's up to them to deal with the problems DHL cause. If the problem was reversed, if you were returning something to Thomann, do you think they'd chase up royal mail for the package, they wouldn't refund you untill it was back with them.
[/quote]

That's a reasonable response if the entire transaction took place in the UK.
However with Thomann being in Germany the quickest resolution is always going to be to report the loss to Thomann (keeping them 'in the loop' so they can start investigating from their end) and approach DHL in the UK.

DHL get squeezed in both directions and have nowhere to hide that way... :)

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1325272854' post='1481667']
[/quote]
If you are returning something to Thomann then Thomann have supplied a prepaid label and they are the ones with a contract with Parcelforce/Deutschepost or whoever. All you have to do is take it to the PO and get the receipt. So it would be Thomann's responsibilty chasing it up even on a return.

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1325266544' post='1481568'] Have you checked they've not dumped it in your front garden somewhere? Or maybe with a neighbour? It's also possible that they're tracking system is a bit optimistic. Some bright spark at a courier company thought it would be a good idea to put a parcel in a wheely bin so it wouldn't get wet..... lucky it wasn't bin day. Hope you can get it sorted out [/quote]
Something similar happened to a parcel my wife ordered. They didn't put it in the bin, just hid it behind it. When we found it, several very wet days later, the £300 worth of soap in the box was just one huge lump.

I work in purchasing so deal with carriers quite often and it's not un-known for drivers to make up a name and sign for a package without bothering to deliver it.

Best of all, if they have lost it Thomann will see a fraction of the value of the shipment refunded, TNT lost a shipment of ours at work not a high value only about 60 quid and we eventually got 11 pounds refunded

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1325267216' post='1481580']
I hate when I order something and I'm forced to use DHL. The worst courier service in my opinion. I had all sorts of problems with them. Their tracking system is just for show. And they love to drop your stuff anywhere just to get rid of it. Customer service is the worst in history. Hopefully Thomann will sort it out for you. Good luck!
[/quote]
Yep me too-If a store advertises that they use DHF..kinell as a courier then I wont use 'em

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1325266308' post='1481564']
Yes quite a few times over the years.

It's easily sorted out - I just demand to see a signature on the delivery note and, when they can't supply it, they climb down pretty quickly.
Sometimes the parcels are 'found' in a depot and sometimes the sender re-despatches a replacement order and beat up the delivery agent privately at their own leisure.
[/quote]
Last time I got a non-delivery from DHL I asked them to show me the signature. They said they couldn't show me the sig, but it was signed for by someone with my surname. Since my name is very unusual in these parts, the only way this was possible was because their driver forged the signature.

They then said that they wouldn't accept any complaint from me - they could only take complaints from the sender since that is who their contract is with.

Incidentally, I just had a delivery from DPD. While waiting I googled to find some feedback on how good they are, and found hugely negative comments whereas DHL, by comparison, were fantastic. :rolleyes:

Someone did once tell me that near my town there are two DHL depots, and one is very good about delivering stuff carefully, and one is absolutely awful. So maybe it's just that some depots are awful, and that determines the service you receive.

I had a cabinet damaged by DHL a few years ago-and that was after nearly having to chase the driver down the road as he had stuck a failed delivery notice through my letterbox without even knocking on the door! Thankfully I heard it come through and went out and collared him. It was snowing and the box had obviously been left standing in the snow, as the cardboard was soaked, and torn, and the cab had obviously been dropped. After quite some time and some sterling work by the seller (Nick Carey from this very forum) we managed to screw some money out of them-nowhere near the cost of the cab, but enough to pay for a repair. I will never voluntarily use DHL again.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1325265822' post='1481549']
I ordered a bunch of goodies (£180 worth) from Thomann just before Christmas, all timed to ensure that I'd be home when the delivery was due on the 27/28th. Stayed in all day on the 28th but nothing appeared. Never mind I thought, give it another day.

Still nothing.

This morning, I checked the tracking number and DHL say that the package was delivered to me on the 28th December at 09:55.
If that's the case,how come I'm not enjoying my nice new stand and pickup? Eh?
There's no missed delivery note in my post box or under my door. No parcel, nothing.

I've dropped DHL and Thomann an email but haven't heard anything yet.

Cheers

Angry of Bristol.
[/quote]

I had the very same issue, same shop same carrier... I was alarmed to find that the tracking online said it had been delivered, but it was not delivered to me, for sure!
I contacted Thomann, who were very good and within hours they gave me the info the carrier had given to them: a neighbour upstairs had picked it up. But no card was left, so how was I to know?
So in your situation I'd think of asking neighbours... I hope you get your box soon.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1325287035' post='1481906']
By my calculation, that's about 150 bars of Pears..! You must be very clean folks. :D
[/quote]
It was a box of uncut blocks of fancy soaps. They have all sorts of weird things in 'em. The idea is to slice them up and sell them. My wife used to have a stall at various craft fairs, which is where she sold them.

The good thing was that the company she bought them from immediately sent out a new batch, no problems at all.

Edited by KingBollock