Why become a member? ×

New Dirty Loops Video - With Bass Solo!

AndyBob09

I must have listened to this over ten times tonight, and although the bass solo is superb in every way, that's when I stop the vid and start it from the beginning, so I can hear those glorious keys chords, drums, vocals and bass underpinning the song so beautifully. f*** knows why bassists feel the need to solo, it ruins the experience. It's a horrible instrument for soloing.

How on earth is it possible to do those lightning quick runs? I'm utterly amazed.
They clearly are awesome musicians, but I'm either getting to old or have overdosed through the years (or both) for this - sadly I have to say it does not move me or touch me at all. Have nothing but the utmost respect for their skill and dedication though, hats off!

Edited by BB3000S

Can someone tell me what the first intro chord is at 0:02 ? ie. bass, keys, vox. What chord does it imply? If you can give me that chorus sequence in chords, and the scale and scale tones of each chord, you will help me understand some serious sh*t! I can't even hear the key centre really, is it something like E minor modulating to G sharp minor?

I can't stop listening to this damn thing. My bloody dinner is going cold!

[quote name='BB3000S' timestamp='1324420469' post='1474154']
[b]How on earth is it possible to do those lightning quick runs? I'm utterly amazed.[/b]
They clearly are awesome musicians, but I'm either getting to old or have overdosed through the years (or both) for this - sadly I have to say it does not move me or touch me at all. Have nothing but the utmost respect for their skill and dedication though, hats off!
[/quote]
Hammer ons and pull offs. On those light strings.

I have to say what stuns me is the Henrik's note choices in the choruses, they are everything I've ever wanted to play on a bass. That's why like Scott Thunes so much, deep romantic attachment to the bass, underpinned by deep theoretical knowledge and exposure to amazing music to educate the ears and make music people laugh and weep to.

This is the first piece of music I've heard in quite some time that has given me a massive rush and made me laugh and sing and dance in my kitchen :D

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1324420047' post='1474147']
These guys are amazing !!!!!!!!

The bass solo is flawless , I love it :)
[/quote]

Agreed.
I have been listening to these guys for a while and they Groove really hard.
Of course all been done before back in the 80's with the likes of Jeff Lorber, Bobby Lyle and others,
But with this band using the vocal approach, adds a great touch.

Garry

[quote name='BB3000S' timestamp='1324420469' post='1474154']
[/quote]

+ 1, doesn't move me either but have to admire their approach and skills..

[quote name='BB3000S' timestamp='1324420469' post='1474154'] How on earth is it possible to do those lightning quick runs? I'm utterly amazed. They clearly are awesome musicians, but [b]I'm either getting to old or have overdosed through the years (or both) for this - sadly I have to say it does not move me or touch me at all.[/b] Have nothing but the utmost respect for their skill and dedication though, hats off! [/quote]

I'm 22 and it bores the hell out of me. It's obvious they're having a lot of fun doing what they do and I respect the fact they're bringing Jazz to a wider audience by mixing it with the plastic pop sounds, but it's not for me. A lot of respect for them though as they're very talented guys. But give me this lot anyday:[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-IlUFgEVW4"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-IlUFgEVW4[/url]

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1324488479' post='1474899']
I'm 22 and it bores the hell out of me. It's obvious they're having a lot of fun doing what they do and I respect the fact they're bringing Jazz to a wider audience by mixing it with the plastic pop sounds, but it's not for me. A lot of respect for them though as they're very talented guys. But give me this lot anyday:[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-IlUFgEVW4"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-IlUFgEVW4[/url]
[/quote]
That's funny, I checked out Snarky Puppy the other day and they bored the sh*t out of me, all clearly very talented but it's from a very different world to Dirty Loops who thrill me.