Why become a member? ×

Most "Must Have" Useless Accessory?

Hot Tub

[quote name='Soulfinger' post='164249' date='Mar 27 2008, 07:36 AM']The ashtrays on my P.

Not only are they utterly useless but they actually get in the way because I can´t pluck in the sweet spot directly over the pickup.

But they look soo cool... :)

[/quote]

It's called bass jewellery!

......and yeah it does look cool.

[quote name='Perry' post='164248' date='Mar 27 2008, 07:34 AM']Yours must be an alarm clock - you posted that at 07.23! :brow:[/quote]

LOL! Had to take bike in for a service today, so had to be up and about early. Don't usually do single figures! :)

String winders.

I think I have one somewhere. Utterly useless, and they scratch your tuning keys..

I think most of us fall for marketing ploys that tell us we can't survive without such gadgets at some point, particularly when we're new to playing.
As you become more experienced, you tend to discard the dross, especially if you play live a lot. It's too much to lug it all around.

And this from the man who has TWO FatFingers (except I like the effect they have)
Awaits flaming from stringwinder-using FatFinger haters... :)

A "Pub prop" which is a bass neck-support small enough to fit in the "odds & sods" bit of your case, that clamps to any handy table, thereby converting it into a makeshift stand. Too fiddly to be worth the hassle, especially when pissed

[quote name='acidbass' post='165433' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:45 PM']That string cleaner stuff (Fast Fret is it?) - it just makes the strings feel really greasy to me. I prefer a rougher string for grip purposes personally![/quote]
String Wipes in a sachet like the freshen-up wipe you get in KFC. They've sat in my case unopened for years.

Bass-related, it has to be plectrums, of which I have a few, I've basically given up on pick style, on the few occasions I tried it I dropped the plectrum anyway. I even have a Dunlop [url="http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=42&pmh=products/picks"]thumbpick[/url], which won't fall off, but it hurts my fat thumb.

Non-bass-related*, it has to be one of these: the [url="http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-11197-The+attack+of+the+cat+paws+by+Bandai.html"]Neko Nyanbou[/url].

Literally "Cat Meow Paw", it curls up when you pull the trigger, so you can use it to scare people, or grab things. That site has a great graphic with "sample applications". :huh:

* Now I think about it..? :)