Why become a member? ×

"Bass Gear, Twyford"

noelk27

I've bought and sold basses through them & become good friends with Phil the owner.

The big advantage for me in selling basses via BassGear is that Phil has quite a few overseas customers & he handles all the international payment & shipping stuff. I think some of my basses have gone to France, Austria, Scandinavia etc.

They moved location a few months back & now just 20 minutes from my house which is brilliant - I can't keep away from the place, lol.

The new location is right next to Twyford mainline station too if you want to get there by train :)

Edited by molan

• 6 months later...

Popped in to Bass Gear today - had three meetings in Oxford and the middle one blew me out so I had a couple of hours to kill. Vic obviously has taken on board everything that has been said on here about Phil, before he even asked if there was anything I wanted to buy he made me a cuppa! Had a good chat and then tried a couple of heads, very keen on one (possibly the cheapest in the shop) and will return with my bass to try it in a couple of months. Really refreshing to see no pressure whatsoever, no worries that I wasn't here to buy on the spot. Oh, and as I play five string fretless, the bass I was given to try the amp was a £4,000 F Bass!

Top shop, and two absolute gentlemen. Will be back when the money is in the bank!

I met Phil at the recent Lefty Bass Bash. Although not lefthanded himself he's a big advocate for Lefties. If I knew nothing else about him that would be enough for me. He recently sold one of my basses for me, and got me an excellent price too (over £100 more than I asked for - without a peep - on here).

Deal with complete confidence.

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1337949476' post='1667887']
I met Phil at the recent Lefty Bass Bash. Although not lefthanded himself he's a big advocate for Lefties. If I knew nothing else about him that would be enough for me. He recently sold one of my basses for me, and got me an excellent price too (over £100 more than I asked for - without a peep - on here).

Deal with complete confidence.
[/quote]

Ah ha - I wondered who's bass that was :)

I sold it last Saturday for you. Bit embarrassing initially as I knew nothing about Regenerate basses so I had to zoom off and Google them like crazy. I know a decent amount about most of the stock but because I really can't play left handed I hadn't actually picked this one up :(

I am now a minor expert on Rod & his basses :lol:

Did you know yours was one of the very first lefties that he made?

Now gone o a very good home down in the West Country :)

[quote name='stoker' timestamp='1337951390' post='1667930']
Very nice Indian in Twyford (wife used to live there) that does an all you can eat curry buffet on a Sunday!
[/quote]

If it's the one I think it is then you can bring your own booze - really cuts the price down :)