Why become a member? ×

Tips on double gig bags?

Gust0o

Morning all,

Am looking for a double gig bag, as I now find myself lugging two basses around.

Looking for a good mix of protection and space for cables, etc. Price not a massive concern - but would prefer change out of £100, but could go higher for some genuine quality. Maybe £50 is a good starting place?

There is an old phrase amoungst motorcyclists that says "if you've got a £50 head, get a £50 helmet"

Personally, I have used gig bags for years as they are way more convenient for travelling but obviously offer less protection than a hard case so you really need to get as good a bag as you can afford....

Ive had double bags ranging in price from £50 Warwicks and Peaveys, through £70 Ritters and I now use a £200 Mono.... I have to say the level of protection the Mono offers is way above the others but I guess, for the price, it would NEED to!

The more affordable bags are good but if you really value your instruments, splash out. You won't regret it.

The Levy's canvas CM88 is great. Hardly bigger than a single bag, light and strong, with real padding - the light bit is important with two basses. Look for a bloke on ebay in the USA (Doc1Roc ??) as he seems to be the best source.

Edit - ignore the prices on the Lev's site, you can get them for a lot less....

Edited by BassBod

I use an iGig double bag, which is great with plenty of protection & loads of storage, etc

Cost more than £50 thru!

It is also quite heavy when fully loaded but is still a great piece of kit that makes life much easier.....

Edited by peteb

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1320425336' post='1426805']
The mono cases are awesome & i'm guessing the double one is just as higher standard.

Having two basses & a case though can get pretty heavy on your back.
[/quote]
I have a Mono double case for the L2500's and it is really good - bl00dy ought to be at that price! - protects well and a big pocket that takes straps, dusters and a couple of leads with a smaller one that has a couple of different sets of earplugs, Vocalzonesand a pair of folding reading glasses with room for a bit more probably

Slung on your back it is still comfortable for a reasonable trak - I have walked 4-500 yards from a car park with the basses on my back, Gigskinz amp bag & leads box in one hand and the Barefaced S12T and a Pedaltrain Mini bag in the other without too much problem

+1 for the mono - quality build and it's got more pockets and spaces to hide your spare bits than you'll ever need !

I've still got a 5 year old Warwick double bag and to be fair is still pretty functional, but it did fall apart quickly. If it wasn't for gaffer tape...