Why become a member? ×

The Bass Player's Creed

cytania

Raise your hand and repeat after me.

'This is my bass. There are many like it but this one is mine. I picked it out of the many and I like the way it sounds.

Others may not understand it. Others may not like the way it looks. Others may not like it's action or it's neck or it's tuners or it's pickups... but this is my bass and I will practice with it and gig with it and sweat with it until I am at one with the music.

With it I shall take the drumbeat and add melody. With it I shall lock in and find the pocket. Guitarists may get the glory up front, the audience may hang on the singer's every word but without the bass there is no funk.

Without bass there is no grind, no growl and no grunt. With my bass the music will rock. With my bass I shall lay down the low end and groove.

This I swear.'

Thank you, now call me Leonard Pyle!

Edited by cytania

Slightly amended..........

[quote name='cytania' timestamp='1318659525' post='1404844']Raise your hand and repeat after me.

'This is my bass (THIS WEEK) There are many like it but this one is mine (UNTIL I TRADE IT) I picked it out of the many and I like the way it sounds (AT THE MOMENT)

Others (OTHER HALVES) may not understand it, but (I WILL QUICKLY) not like the way it looks, not like it's action or it's neck or it's tuners or it's pickups... but this is (THIS WEEKS') bass and I will (NOT) practice (BUT WILL) gig with it and sweat with it until I (SELL IT)

This I swear.'

Thank you, now call me Leonard Pyle![/quote]

[quote name='cytania' timestamp='1318659525' post='1404844']

'This is my bass. There are many like it but this one is mine. I picked it out of the many and I like the way it sounds.

Others may not understand it. Others may not like the way it looks. Others may not like it's action or it's neck or it's tuners or it's pickups... but this is my bass and I will practice with it and gig with it and sweat with it until I am at one with the music.

With it I shall take the drumbeat and add melody. With it I shall lock in and find the pocket. Guitarists may get the glory up front, the audience may hang on the singer's every word but without the bass there is no funk.

Without bass there is no grind, no growl and no grunt. With my bass the music will rock. With my bass I shall lay down the low end and groove.

This I swear.'

[/quote]
Must be a Warwick........!

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1318668107' post='1404881']
Slightly amended..........

[url="../../index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1404844"][/url]cytania, on 15 October 2011 - 07:18 AM, said:

'This is my bass (THIS WEEK) There are many like it but this one is mine (UNTIL I TRADE IT) I picked it out of the many and I like the way it sounds (AT THE MOMENT)

Others (OTHER HALVES) may not understand it, but (I WILL QUICKLY) not like the way it looks, not like it's action or it's neck or it's tuners or it's pickups... but this is (THIS WEEKS') bass and I will (NOT) practice (BUT WILL) gig with it and sweat with it until I (SELL IT)

This I swear.'

[/quote]

Halleluljah Brother!