Why become a member? ×

silverstone amp covers

nomis

Dear Mr Shaun Dunk of Silverstone Amp Covers

Taking money and not fulfilling orders from a dodgy website with non existent contact details. I have now discovered that this is how you have been operating for a long time. As a business owner myself people like you make me sick. I don't want your usual excuses that you have quite a reputation for making, I want a refund, which my credit card company will now have to do.

The Banks, Sage Pay and Warwickshire Trading Standards are all investigating your activities. I have also added this to the musicians forums where your dodgy activities have been reported for the last few years to try and stop others being conned by you. I just wish I had seen the forums before placing my order with you.

Hopefully you will get shut down soon.

Just to update my previous post this is the response from Evans Easy Space where Silverstone Amp Covers is still claiming to be trading from.

[i]"I can confirm that Silverstone Amp Covers are no longer operating from the Evans Business Centre in Nuneaton and left our premises in early November. Unfortunately I am unable to pass on any contact details we have for them due to data protection regulations. We would of course fully co-operate with the police or trading standards over this matter should we be contacted by them so I would therefore recommend that you contact Consumer Direct on 08454 040506 to report the company. As a potential victim of fraud, you may also want to contact the national fraud reporting centre, Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or [url="http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/"]Home | Action Fraud[/url]

In line with the Business Centre association guidelines for ‘squatters’ at our business centre, I will be completing a suspicious activity report to the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

I am sorry that we cannot be of further help at this time.

Kind Regards (Name removed for privacy) Regional Manager, Evans Easyspace Ltd "[/i]

I would just repeat do not trade with this company.

Edited by rossaa

• 3 months later...

I know that there seems to be loads of people who have had a bad trip with Silverstone .

But , just wanted to say that i odered a cover for my Orange AD200 from Silverstone.

The cover was made in Orange (the same colour as the amp) with black piping around the edges. It looked SWEEEEET :)
I placed the order and i did not have any problems at all with them and the cover looked fantastic.

I have only ordered one item from them but the whole thing was pain free.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1334763134' post='1620841']
Was that recently? Maybe they got their shiznit together. Anyway, I've been in touch with HotCovers about a custom cover for a Barefaced Midget and might go with them.
[/quote]

No , sorry i forgot to add in the post that i bought the cover about one and a half years ago

When I ordered cover from them at the end of last year, I never heard anything from them for 3 weeks. I contacted them to enquire how long it usually takes to get the cover made.

I received a response a few hours later saying they would get it sorted in a few days.

After that - nothing! I contacted them 5 times enquiring as to the progress and got no reply. I eventually had to resort to conta ting then saying I wanted to cancel the order as they had not provided me with any progress details or an anticipated completion date.

Still no response. I eventually had to get my back to recall the payment as a fraudulent transaction!

Absolutely terrible company, I wouldn't advise anyone to use them!!

I ordered a Roqsolid cover for my Berg HT322 which they had never made before.
Ordered Bank Holiday Mon 9th April evening and delivered Thu 12th April even though it was at this point a one off for them.
They had excellent communication right over the weekend with personal emails from Bryn.

Cannot praise this company enough. Excellent all round service with a smile.
Highly recommended and the cover was perfect.

Cheers
Dave

Again a +1 for Roqsolid. Needed a cover for my MIDI bass pedals. Exchanged a few emails re the dimensions/extras , placed an order and had it withing a week. Admittedly they forgot one of the protection pockets, but that was fixed at no cost within a couple of days.

Hotcovers look like they [i]might[/i] possibly be more padded, but all my Roqsolids are still in great condition as is the gear they cover, so....

Hot Covers I found to be more padded than Roq Solid, but strangely this put me off of them, as when you get to a gig, and try to fold the cover away in a vacant corner, the Hot Cover just won`t do it - they stand up on their own and take up the same space as the cab. This of course means they are great for protecting the cab in vans etc, but for my needs, Roq Solid are the covers for me.

Great service from both companies though. Not tried Silverstone, and going by many peoples problems with them, won`t be doing so.

Edited by Lozz196

• 3 weeks later...

I am amazed to read this thread. They custom made a cover for me a few years back, I'm still using it. Excellent price service and quality. I was planning to use them again for any new gear I buy. Wonder what's happened. Very strange.

• 11 months later...

Hi all

I have recently purchased a guitar amp cover from this company [url="http://www.ampcovers.co.uk"]www.ampcovers.co.uk[/url]. I ordered it on the 10th april and it has not arrived. I have contacted trading standards for advice on this matter. I wish i had seen all these peoples comments before purchasing what i thought was a going to be a great product.

I have phoned and left 4 quite strongly worded emails but like a lady whos not interested they have not responded.

Do not purchase from this company my fellow musicians. They obviously pick and choose their custom by what i have read and i have lost £50. Its not the money but the principle and if you cant deliver you shouldnt be operating as a buisiness. Trading standards, action fraud and consumer direct will be notified. By law they have 30 days to deliver the product but im not holding out any hope now. If we all do this then prehaps we can put an end to this misery they are causing.

also ask your bank for a cahrge back scheme if you paid by debit card. Also sending a recorded letter will also proove they are still operating or if they have dissolved the company or moved it. The address on the website is based in coventry. the number is 02476 629495. I will keep badgering but maybe one day ill get through to doctor who.

Absolute w*****s.

Thanks for reading i hope ive prevented another victim falling foul to these unevolved idiots

Peace

[i][b]Why Choose Silverstone Amp Covers?[/b] Renowned for style, quality and customer service, Silverstone Amp Covers are hand cut and sewn in England to the highest standards. Every cover is quality inspected and carries a 5 Year Guarantee. If your covers are in stock we will try to dispatch the same day. Otherwise please allow up to ten working days for your order to be made.[/i]

:lol:

Edited by xilddx

As an update to my friends order I posted about earlier, it has arrived! After threatening legal action for the umpteenth time a crushed, poorly packaged and protected box turned up. Inside was an amp cover, for the wrong size!!!! It's about 5cm too big all the way round. He has given up trying to deal with them and has decided to try and make some use of it. You can just about grab the handle through the cutaway on the top but still not ideal. It does prove that there is someone working away at the company at the present time though which might be useful for folks here chasing orders.