Why become a member? ×

NBD - Shuker JJ Burnel

danweb22

After seeing a thread on here saying there was a JJ Burnel P bass in stock on Jon's website I had to try and get it! Unfortunately, according to Jon about 10 people were before me and it had already gone. :-(

But....... Jon has offered to build me one and should be ready in 5-6 months! :-)

I was thinking of maybe a different colour rather than the black (just a thought), would anyone have any ideas on something different? It will have a maple board/headstock as per the stock page.

Just thinking out loud really

Edited by danweb22

Sacrilege! Whatever next? Non-red ferraris? Jaco J's in purple flake? :)

Actually, he did use a mythical greenburst P (I think there's a pic on here somewhere), but IMO it's a particularly bilious combination.

It's your dosh, though, so you're paying the piper on this one... just don't do it pink. :)

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1317383405' post='1390125']
Sacrilege! Whatever next? Non-red ferraris? Jaco J's in purple flake? :)

Actually, he did use a mythical greenburst P (I think there's a pic on here somewhere), but IMO it's a particularly bilious combination.

It's your dosh, though, so you're paying the piper on this one... just don't do it pink. :)
[/quote]

Yeah I still like the black but was just wondering, I have asked Jon if he has any other colours and if anyone else has asked for one in a different colour

How about a green pearl painted over black?????

It's the one on the left. These colours are from Mipa in Germany... rather bling, wot!

You'll have the painter tearing his hair out, but a green / brown / black flip maybe interesting... :)

Edited by Jondeeman

I've owned a Shuker JJB and if I was to order another and change the colour I would request a greenburst with rosewood neck. BBM is well cool but I've kinda overdosed on that colour combination in my time. The 1st 3 Stranglers albums, the ones with the most sharp, aggressive bass tone were recorded with the rosewood and I did find the stock JJB too aggressive for me these days with the ash and maple. Though it did sound like straight from Black And White to an extent!