Why become a member? ×

Wheres me shirt.I can't find me shirt

squire5

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1317460932' post='1390876']
Shirt arrived this morning.Frankly for £19 I expected better quality.I've bought sturdier shirts off Ebay for £7.Don't know about anybody else but mine arrived stuffed in a padded envelope.Not what I was expecting.However,I'll wear it with pride.
[/quote]
HI

I am replying to your email at the moment. I have just called the guy and had a right bloody go at him (again). All this stress of the last few weeks is killing me, I'm sure!

It's completely unacceptable for it to arrive in a ball. That wont happen again. The shirt should be as described, a decent quality polo. I'll refund you immediately (we'll talk via email) because if you aren't happy, I'm not happy (and neither wil the embroiderer be after I'm done with him)

I hope everyone else is happy with theirs. From now on all shirts are going to be quality checked, folded up properly and posted via 1st class signed for post.

Sorry you guys had to be the test pilots on this one.

I'm going to have a lie down, I think I need to give the internet a rest for a few months

ped

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1317461649' post='1390883']
I like it! :)

[/quote]
Well done mate you have won a sticker (we're doing those next) - knowing my luck it won;t actually be sticky but it's the thought that counts!!

Cheers (and cool Uke - I re-strung mine EADG so it's a mini bass!)

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1317464426' post='1390917']
HI

I am replying to your email at the moment. I have just called the guy and had a right bloody go at him (again). All this stress of the last few weeks is killing me, I'm sure!

It's completely unacceptable for it to arrive in a ball. That wont happen again. The shirt should be as described, a decent quality polo. I'll refund you immediately (we'll talk via email) because if you aren't happy, I'm not happy (and neither wil the embroiderer be after I'm done with him)

I hope everyone else is happy with theirs. From now on all shirts are going to be quality checked, folded up properly and posted via 1st class signed for post.

Sorry you guys had to be the test pilots on this one.

I'm going to have a lie down, I think I need to give the internet a rest for a few months

ped
[/quote]

PED,dont do anything.I've PMd you.Alls well.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1317464514' post='1390920']
Well done mate you have won a sticker
[/quote]

Hooray! Uke belongs to my boy Henry (9). I was too hungover to get my bass out. :)
He insists I credit him with the pic.

I don't care if it's sticky or not...
...and I'm looking forward to that sticker, too.
(Swanee whistle noise).

Edited by discreet

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1317465044' post='1390925']

PED,dont do anything.I've PMd you.Alls well.
[/quote]

Too late mate refund sent, don't worry it's fine. I'm off to Pamlieri's for a chorizo panini and a sit down

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1317465666' post='1390936']

Too late mate refund sent, don't worry it's fine. I'm off to Pamlieri's for a chorizo panini and a sit down

ped
[/quote]
Refund duly refunded PED.To all other Basschatters,this has been the result of me getting a bee in my bonnet over something trivial,and I apologise.The shirts are fine. In fact they're quite fetching,and as I'm quite a portly chap,are actually quite slimming.Please ignore my inane rambling.

Mine was ordered on 11th September and still hasn't arrived. I'm not impressed.

Ped, it's a great shame that you didn't ask for recommendations for a reputable supplier - I could have recommended a friend who runs a custom shirt, clothing and guitar strap supply and embroidery business, who would have done a much better job.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1317478811' post='1391139']Mine was ordered on 11th September and still hasn't arrived. I'm not impressed.

Ped, it's a great shame that you didn't ask for recommendations for a reputable supplier - I could have recommended a friend who runs a custom shirt, clothing and guitar strap supply and embroidery business, who would have done a much better job.[/quote]

To be fair Pete you don't know who I called. The shirts are a standard polo used by countless brands and companies. You haven't had yours yet which I have tried to explain the reasons for. The fact you paid on the 11th is immaterial as I have said all along that they wouldn't be dispatched until last Thurs.

Feel free to send me your friends details

Thanks

Mine turned up this morning..no pic yet :) fit is spot on, glad I listened to your advice Ped and just got the large, shame my gig was last night! Will wear it with pride at the next one!

Edit, it came 2nd class in a jiffy bag, nicely folded though, posted 28th Sep

Edited by Oopsdabassist

Tell you what Ped. Don't envy you on this one.
Was all done with good intentions on your part so hopefully guys will all be patient for a few more days.
I think I'll wait a few weeks to let dust settle before ordering mine.

Hope it all works out and you can relax a bit and not worry yourself so much.

Cheers
Dave
:)

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1317488484' post='1391245']
Was all done with good intentions on your part so hopefully guys will all be patient for a few more days.

Cheers
Dave
[/quote]
Thanks Dave. You won't envy the supplier either when I'm done with him. At the end of the day there's no excuse for it and I should probably have done a few test runs before hitting them with a large first batch but I have learned my lesson.

If it's any help the guy is back and 100% on the task from Monday so any orders from then will be sent right out first class.

I bet I sound like a broken record, but basically I told him that he's probably cost me dearly with all the negative publicity this has caused. I'm certainly not paying him in full...

ped

Yep mine arrived today too. Neatly folder in a plastic bag inside a jiffy bag envelope. Nice quality, good embroidering, will be worn at next weeks gig as I don't think it'll look right with my Stetson at tonight's gig :-)

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1317487385' post='1391234']

Oh the competition winner polos have only just been sent yesterday mate so those will be with you in the week
[/quote]
No probs. Wasn't sure on the position so just added in case.

Got back from holiday late last night and me shirt was here!

Perfect fit - Thank you!

Just worn it down to Morrisons and some t*t at the checkout asked if I was a fisherman.
I told him that I use 4 lines and a heavy plank to stun 'em on landing - don't think he understood what I was on about. :)

Oh Well!

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1317488484' post='1391245']

Cheers
Dave
[/quote]

+1 :)

Mine arrived sometime over the weekend - not sure exactly which day as I was away.

The sizing is fine compared to the other polo shirts I have, although the arm holes could do with being a little larger (and no, I'm in no way Mr Universe!). Perhaps they'll 'give' after a few washes.

But very nice undestated design.

Thanks Ped.