Why become a member? ×

I've hit the big time.

leschirons

[b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=4][size=3]There's a cool little venu I play from time to time with a trio (Midnight Rider) The following is from their gig diary page. I just had to laugh. It reminded me of the "Puppets, + Spinal Tap" Scroll to bottom to read our ad :) I'll try to not let it go to my head.[/size][/size][/font][/color][/b]

[b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=4]Steve Curtis[/size][/font][/color][/b]
[b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color][/b]
[b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2]A truly great night: 'Guitar Fest' with a free concert by Steve (ex Max Headroom) and Greta Curtis. Steve has been hauled over from England to demonstrate [/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2]VIZY[/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2] Guitar Amps at the Issoudun Guitar Festival - so all you guitar freaks, make sure you get to see his concert here as it is his only one and he is RED [/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2]HOT[/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2].[/size][/font][/color][color="#181c20"][size=2] [/size][/color][/b]
[b][color="#181c20"][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2]Concert starts at [/size][/font][/color][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2]9 pm[/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font][/color] (Country Rock and Blues)[size=2][/size][/b]
[b][size=2][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000000"] [/color][/font][/size][/b]
[color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=4] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=4]Angie Palmer in concert.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=4]Angie is a superb blueswoman of the old school. She has sung with some pretty amazing people . Below are some of her album reviews but also check out Angie's web site[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#181c20"][b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1]"Has a delicious hair-in-the-voice approach that gives her a tough edge over more fey contemporaries...Impressive"[/size][/font][/color][size=1] [/size][/b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1][b]Rob Hughes *** Uncut magazine[/b][/size][/font][/color][b][size=1] [/size][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1]"A lyrically sharp album with gritty vocals and powerful music that makes you sit up and listen!" ****Maverick "A gorgeous, thrusting chunk of guitar strewn [/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1]Americana[/size][/font][/color][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1] that sounds as though it has been torn from the Best of Dylan[/size][/font][/color][size=1] [/size][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1]songbook." MoJo[/size][/font][/color][/b][/color]
[b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1] [/size][/font][/color][/b]
[b][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1]Curry night with Midnight Rider[/size][/font][/color][/b]

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1316687328' post='1381353']
Good Lord - I know Steve Curtis. Damn fine player.

Oh, and congrats on the curry night.
[/quote]

What a small world eh? Steve was coming over to see his sister and I persueded him to come and demo some amps at the guitar festival whilst he's here. Used to go and see him down at Pam's bar at the Essex arms when we lived in Brentwood. Considering it was me who arranged this gig for him, he'll p*ss himself when he sees the ad. I'll pass on a hello when he gets here.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1316640936' post='1380950']
[color=#181c20][size=3][b][color=#181C20][font=Arial]"Has a delicious hair-in-the-voice approach that gives her a tough edge over more fey contemporaries...Impressive"[/font][/color][/b][/size][color=#181c20][font=Arial][size=1][b][size=3]Rob Hughes *** [/size][/b][/size][/font][/color][/color]
[/quote]
What the hell does this mean, she sounds like she's coughing up a fur ball?

[quote name='GBH' timestamp='1316762103' post='1382396']
I used to play bass with Steve and Graham at Pam's Bar. Quite a while ago now.
Geoff.
[/quote]

Hi Geoff,

I'll pass on another hello then when he gets over. Maybe it was you playing when I last saw him there. Must be at least 15 years ago now, maybe more. Had another mate on keys (Chris Sheehan) Did you have a combo or cab that had blown speakers replaced with RCFs? (I do remember some weird stuff y'know) although I could be seriously confused about who was in the band at the time.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1316790558' post='1382995']
He'll probably know me more as a friend of Greta and Mark (Greta and the Strayshots). Haven't seen any of them for a few years now but, coincidentally, I am playing a gig at the Essex Arms this very evening!
[/quote]

Then I'll pass on the hello to Greta when she gets here too. Who are you playing with then at the Essex tonight? Any locals I might know from the old days? Have a good one anyway mate.

K

No, no locals from any 'old days' but my middle-of-the-road covers band May Contain Nuts.

Yes, please do say Hi to Greta for me :) I should really get in touch as I want to ask them about their garden (plants are how we met, rather than music)

I used to play for Greta and the strayshots too! Small world innit?
If I remember rightly I generally used Hartke stuff back then, although I did have a Tech 2x12 cab that I replaced the drivers in,may have been that.

Edited by GBH

[quote name='GBH' timestamp='1316800318' post='1383218']
I used to play for Greta and the strayshots too! Small world innit?
If I remember rightly I generally used Hartke stuff back then, although I did have a Tech 2x12 cab that I replaced the drivers in,may have been that.
[/quote]

Small world indeed. I hadn't started playing back then but as I knew them went to a couple of their gigs. This was when Steve was playing guitar with them - your era? - plus the duo stuff a bit later. I also saw Steve with 'Last Orders' at the Essex Arms - again, must be 10 years ago. Was this your era? I have a vague memory the bassist's name was Neville. But my memory is increasingly unreliable these days.

PS - our gig went down well - our first time there and the landlord reckons he'll give us four gigs a year there!

Edited by Paul S