Why become a member? ×

Best cheap, small device for recording rehearsals - recommendations?

Clarky

Rattlin Bone are rehearsing up some new songs on Sunday and it would be great if I could record them and send them on as mp3's to the rest of the band (would help me practising between rehearsals too).

Does anyone have a recommendation for a compact, relatively cheap, technocretin-friendly recording device for use at rehearsals/gigs?

Cheers in advance

PS, I did have one (Roland I think) that I got off BassChat's yorick (Nige) a year or two back but that was 'borrowed' by the guitarist in my old band and never seen again :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1316644063' post='1380998']
Thanks chaps, looks like I made the right choice! The H2 should be with me on Friday :)
[/quote]

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow you're welcome to borrow my Edirol R-09HR. After looking around for something simple to record our gigs from the stage i found the Edirol to be ideal. It comes with a remote control, has a large flashing record button on the front and straps to my singers mic stand so we get a good stereo recording.
It doesnt offer many bells and whistles but it does the job.