Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Jools

witterth

Loving the Whale's old P-bass, strangely when Ghostpoets were playing I thought 'they could do with a bass player!'

PS: I didn't realise Noah & The Whale had Phil Lynott on drums & Jarvis Cocker on guitar :)

Edited by KiOgon

I don't watch the Tues short vs, prefer to record the full Fri night then catch up with it over the weekend. Did anyone see Little Roy doing the Nirvana covers last week? I really didn't quite know what to make of it. It seemed at times to be slipping into Dread Zep territory which I'm sure wasn't the intention :) I quite like the Miles Kane set, nothing original but I'd probably go see him live.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1318411803' post='1401677']Loving the Whale's old P-bass, strangely when Ghostpoets were playing I thought 'they could do with a bass player!'

PS: I didn't realise Noah & The Whale had Phil Lynott on drums & Jarvis Cocker on guitar :)[/quote]

I love their drummer.
If I was a drum teacher, I'd put a video of him playing and say " that's how to play and when to hit the snare..on the 2 & 4, and make it sound like a shot gun crack...forget yer tarty flim/flam, girly, salad tossing, just hit the @%#*+% thing.
I really enjoyed Jools last night, even the "ramones-a-like" band, can't remember their name, sorry.

The horrors. I wasn't sure about them at first but I was feeling it by the end. :)

I enjoyed everyone tonight. I do think Peter Gabriel could have made more of the orchestra however. It nearly got there at the end of Solsbury Hill, but not quite.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1318442913' post='1402278']
I love their drummer.
If I was a drum teacher, I'd put a video of him playing and say " that's how to play and when to hit the snare..on the 2 & 4, and make it sound like a shot gun crack...forget yer tarty flim/flam, girly, salad tossing, just hit the @%#*+% thing.
I really enjoyed Jools last night, even the "ramones-a-like" band, can't remember their name, sorry.
[/quote]

Well this prompted me to go and look for the iPlayer and Youtube footage of Peter Gabriel, but my internet connection is so sh*te that it's basically unwatchable so hopefully I'll get to see it on Friday.

What it did do was remind me what a fabulous album 'So' is - there are so many strong songs and wonderful ideas that never seem to age.

• 6 months later...

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1334677187' post='1619591']
jools holland is back tonight.... with paul weller. Im hoping for a bit of a better series than the last one, metallica & lou reed? It can only get better, surely?
[/quote]You'd think, but don't hold your breath. Glass decidedly 1/2 empty on this topic.