Why become a member? ×

New Jools

witterth

I was taken back to those days in '82 when I rushed back home to see the "TUBE" and was never dissapointed.
Jools has had loads of "Knockers" on here, I love Jools (his band) and his programme and yes I remember the old posts on BC where people ripped him for no reason
( no boogie piano at the drop of a hat was there? hes a good old pro muso) who cares if he cant do a "Dimbelby" with Shaun Ryder? its a good programme and very interesting...still
Shorty Trombone , and thats for starters... never heard of him..but loved that stuff!!other acts (songwiter black girl white hair superb!) but I did think, Snow Patroll were below par
glad to have it back
Love it
W

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1316558323' post='1379806']
I loved the Tube. One of the classic music programmes of our generation
[/quote]
if not the best Del....I'd love it back or at least make "later" longer than it is (I Know about Friday prog) but I'm usually playing so miss the best stuff..Bugger!

Yeah was a great ep, other than Snow Patrol. Trombone Shorty was especially good, will definitely be checking him out in the full length version

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1316556625' post='1379770']
+1!
[/quote]

Isn't this what the 'like this' button is for? to stop threads built up mostly of people writing +1? :)

I tuned in 'cos I wanted to watch the Duke Spirit as I really like them on the radio, bit disappointed with their set, but loved Trombone Shorty who i'd never heard, and still love Roy Harper, and Little Dragon lived up to expectations of them being great. Really good, please drop the half hour live format, and just do the 45 minute show on a tuesday and friday please.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1316600948' post='1380093']just do the 45 minute show on a tuesday and friday please.
[/quote]

They need the few days to do the edit, pick the best performances and remove the live fluffs. I think it's best that way. Nothing worse than being in a band with one-big-3-minute-chance and fluffing it without any recourse. Funny to watch, but not so nice for the act... Having said that, I miss the utter chaos of the Tube :)

[quote name='stringintheshade' timestamp='1316601589' post='1380115']

They need the few days to do the edit, pick the best performances and remove the live fluffs. I think it's best that way. Nothing worse than being in a band with one-big-3-minute-chance and fluffing it without any recourse. Funny to watch, but not so nice for the act... Having said that, I miss the utter chaos of the Tube :)
[/quote]
like this? [url="http://youtu.be/BTBFw0Rn0CA"]http://youtu.be/BTBFw0Rn0CA[/url]

[quote name='stringintheshade' timestamp='1316601589' post='1380115']

[/quote]

Okay, as long as they repeat it in the week for musicians to watch (I'm sure a lot of us are out gigging on friday nights) :)

[quote name='stringintheshade' timestamp='1316606749' post='1380259']

iPlayer? Hard Disc recorder? VHS recorder?(!)
[/quote]

Hate watching TV on computer screens, always forget to set the HDD recorder, and VHS died. As a musician I reserve the right to be massively disorganised. :)
And they repeat everyflippingthing else (unless I want to actually watch it)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1316614798' post='1380393']
[/quote]

Ahh - I'll bet you can blame PRS / mechanicals for that.

Just when talent wants to be marketed liberally, their own "supporting" organisation's bureaucracy stops them :) Like with that stupid live music law in small venues. :) :)

[quote name='stringintheshade' timestamp='1316616115' post='1380416']

Ahh - I'll bet you can blame PRS / mechanicals for that.

Just when talent wants to be marketed liberally, their own "supporting" organisation's bureaucracy stops them :) Like with that stupid live music law in small venues. :) :)
[/quote]

Lucky that Sigur Ros/Florence and the Machine/Coldplay etc. are raking it in by being on EVERY TRAIL EVER! :o

Just found this trumpet back and forth between trombone shorty and wynton marsalis.

poor sound quality, but still awesome:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7mFKj8z6nM[/media]

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1316614798' post='1380393']

Hate watching TV on computer screens, always forget to set the HDD recorder, and VHS died. As a musician I reserve the right to be massively disorganised. :)
[/quote]
i thought even freeview lets you get to iplayer on your tv, i know our virgin box does.

p.s. loving that the youtube vid now embeds automatically!!

[quote name='ZMech' timestamp='1316616869' post='1380427']

i thought even freeview lets you get to iplayer on your tv, i know our virgin box does.

p.s. loving that the youtube vid now embeds automatically!!
[/quote]

Not down here sadly, might do with a box that plugs into the phone line etc. but not through an aerial, or a sky box even.
:) Unless I'm wrong, which I might be

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1316590433' post='1379935']
I really enjoyed the act called Little Dragon. Did you notice the bass player stayed up the dusty end most of the time? He was also playing through an effect of some kind, made the bass sound very 'synthy'.

Trouble with the Jools show is that it's all over in half an hour!

LC
[/quote]
As I said in the other thread he usually uses an [url=http://www.industrialradio.com.au/index.php]Industrial Radio MIDI Bass[/url]

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='stringintheshade' timestamp='1316598802' post='1380070']

I posted about him in the bass guitars section. But it probably belongs here. It looked like he was playing an Overwater by Tanglewood classic J. Anyone confirm?[/quote]

Little Dragon were fab, bassist was using an Industrial Radio Midi bass methinks !!!!

Had a quick run through the short version on iPlayer, nothing really to make me record the full vs tonight I'm afraid, will still check it next week though. There's usually a few in acts in each series that are worth a look in. That girl from The Duke Spirit seems to have nicked Alice Gold's stage appearance from her recent tour!

Edited by KevB