Why become a member? ×

Roscoe Century Custom 3006 Fretless

pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1349266' date='Aug 23 2011, 06:12 PM']They certainly don't. It's being string with Black Beauties before it's shipped and then it's all mine! :)[/quote]

I thought you were an Overwater String devotee?
Any reason for the change?
I was thinking about trying out the Black Beauties too, but was concerned about losing the mid rangy growl you get from some Nickels...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='1350015' date='Aug 24 2011, 10:30 AM']I thought you were an Overwater String devotee?
Any reason for the change?
I was thinking about trying out the Black Beauties too, but was concerned about losing the mid rangy growl you get from some Nickels...

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

Indeed - I've been an Overwater Nickels man for aaaaages. IMHO I'll most likely return to them as well. A friend has used BB's for ages and having spent some time playing his bass I find the tension to be a little lower on the BB's, which my fingers like. Also the tonal comparison I find is very similar, certainly nothing that a minute tweak on the mid dial doesnt sort out. The big sellin point at the mo, being that I'm on stage with the drum & bass project, is that they look Awesom :)

[quote name='charic' post='1350067' date='Aug 24 2011, 11:11 AM']I've always loved the look of Roscoe's but compared to the UK luthiers I think they're really quite steeply priced :lol:

Hope it plays as good as it looks :)[/quote]

I agreed completely. They do seem very expensive. I have had 2 UK custom built instruments that cost more than this one though.

Cost is comparative though. My UK built basses have all bee sold on. The Roscoe fretted I own is going nowhere, no other bass I've ever played come close to it's feel and tone. I admit, like everything though, it's all matter of personal preference and I'm sure others woul play it and disagree whole heartedly!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1350284' date='Aug 24 2011, 02:20 PM']Indeed - I've been an Overwater Nickels man for aaaaages. IMHO I'll most likely return to them as well. A friend has used BB's for ages and having spent some time playing his bass I find the tension to be a little lower on the BB's, which my fingers like. Also the tonal comparison I find is very similar, certainly nothing that a minute tweak on the mid dial doesnt sort out. The big sellin point at the mo, being that I'm on stage with the drum & bass project, is that they look Awesom :)[/quote]

Cool, I may well order some up from the states, see how I get on with them :)

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1359276' date='Sep 1 2011, 09:58 PM']Hi Chris,

Yeah - Planning on getting the train on Monday as I have a day off. Once it's back here you are more than welcome to pop over bud.

Its a stunner ain't it!!!!![/quote]

Gonna be a long weekend! Enjoy the bass when you get it!