Why become a member? ×

Roscoe Century Custom 3006 Fretless

pantherairsoft

My new Fretless...

I'm treating this as my Shep Signature model on the back of my 'Local Hero' endorsement with Roscoe. It isn't really, but that's how I'm thinking of it so that's what matters... :) This beauty is the only reason my current Roscoe is up for sale.

Spec...
Century 3006
Burl Maple top & back
Swamp Ash body
Natural Oil finish
Maple/Purpleheart/Maple neck
Lined Fretless Black Diamondwood fingerboard
19mm string spacing
Diamondwood nut
Black hardware
Roscoe Bart preamp
Bart pups

1st pics in from the boys in NC... Top and back in place and body carving complete. Currently un-oiled though.

When this baby arrives and my Century Std is re-housed I'll be a 2-bass family. This and my Centruy Signature 6 Fretted. Good times!

Shep

[quote name='Oakbear' post='1330967' date='Aug 7 2011, 02:48 PM']That's some burr maple! Very nice. A bit flasher than the old Roscoe!
I like the diamondwood fretboard option too. What colour are you lining the frets?[/quote]

Aluminium lines, like my current Fretless...

They work perfect with the black Diamondwood.

Don't fancy adding a nice Fretless 6 to partner with your lovely Ritter? :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1330990' date='Aug 7 2011, 03:28 PM']Don't fancy adding a nice Fretless 6 to partner with your lovely Ritter? :)[/quote]
Whilst we seem to share much in taste with gear, my wallet seems a little tougher to prise open!
Doesn't mean i haven't got serious GAS for the your old Roscoe, and it's well priced, but other things demand my hard earned i'm afraid.

I hope this one plays as well though! It looks dreamy!

[quote name='Oakbear' post='1331374' date='Aug 7 2011, 08:59 PM']Whilst we seem to share much in taste with gear, my wallet seems a little tougher to prise open!
Doesn't mean i haven't got serious GAS for the your old Roscoe, and it's well priced, but other things demand my hard earned i'm afraid.

I hope this one plays as well though! It looks dreamy![/quote]

Lol... Other things can wait :) lol. I know this one will play amazingly. Body shape, balance and neck width profile from my Century Signature (you've not had the joy of playing that one yet), paired with the tone and growl from the Fretless you've played (with a touch more low mid from the Roscoe Bart pups).

• 2 weeks later...