Why become a member? ×

Worst Gig Ever Stories

Platypus

[quote name='3V17C' post='1328394' date='Aug 5 2011, 10:34 AM']hmmm.... pretty dull most of 'em i thought! i was expecting some proper amusing tall tales not.. 'once we did a gig and there weren't many people there'.. oh well.[/quote]

Yeah, the bucket of piss story was hard to follow.

I liked that Slade used to do Zappa covers though. Noddy Holder singing Brown Shoes Don't Make It, yay!

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1328441' date='Aug 5 2011, 11:00 AM']A day in the life of a jazz musician.[/quote]

What's the difference between a Jazz musician and a Blues musician?

A Blues musician plays three chords to a thousand people, a Jazz musician plays a thousand chords to three people.

[quote name='3V17C' post='1328394' date='Aug 5 2011, 10:34 AM']hmmm.... pretty dull most of 'em i thought! i was expecting some proper amusing tall tales not.. 'once we did a gig and there weren't many people there'.. oh well.[/quote]

True, I've had worse gigs than half these people. As already said, it's hard to follow the first story.

I know what you mean, i think almost all bands that have actually worked from the bottom up have experienced shows where no-one turned up. I went to one in may (it was run, WALK! actually)- there were more people in the other bands in the audience then the audience itself.

[quote name='Oscar South' post='1328713' date='Aug 5 2011, 01:50 PM']What's the difference between a Jazz musician and a Blues musician?

A Blues musician plays three chords to a thousand people, a Jazz musician plays a thousand chords to three people.[/quote]

Oh dear.

Had our worst ever gig the other night, it was our first ever gig with this setup. An over weight guitarist and an alcoholic drummer who went AWOL just before we played, found him on the fun fair sitting on an elephant on the merry go round with a glass of wine in his hand. This happened in the second set............. [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/benelliott/6011777641/in/photostream"]Visit My Website[/url] and it all went down hill after that really. Needless to say that my good woman(singer) and myself will be looking for younger and more suitable musicians for the future.

I've only actually played 2 gigs, the first gig we played...I only knew 3 and a bit of a 6 song set and in the second gig, the EQ'ing of the instruments was so bad that the only thing audible to either the audience or the band was bass and drums :) definetly wasn't the best things to get you started gigging lol

[quote name='Benplaysbass' post='1329110' date='Aug 5 2011, 07:07 PM']Had our worst ever gig the other night, it was our first ever gig with this setup. An over weight guitarist and an alcoholic drummer who went AWOL just before we played, found him on the fun fair sitting on an elephant on the merry go round with a glass of wine in his hand. This happened in the second set............. [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/benelliott/6011777641/in/photostream"]Visit My Website[/url] and it all went down hill after that really. Needless to say that my good woman(singer) and myself will be looking for younger and more suitable musicians for the future.[/quote]

Ah drummers :)

I have played at a gig (I was on guitar) where the drummer did a similar dive but it was because the seat broke!