Why become a member? ×

Ashdown amps nicked in Reading CCTV footage of thief

jonno1981

This is a re-post from a friend of mine who had a break in at his rehearsal studios last night. Watch out for any secondhand Mag300 heads going cheap around berkshire......If anyone recognises the guy please send Jay a message.

[quote]Dear all,

At approximately 0.30am on 3rd July, The Rhoom Studios was broken into and some equipment and cash was stolen. The keysafe was smashed off of unit 17 and the ASHDOWN MAG300 bass amp and mics were taken from Studio 1. Then Unit 26 was broken into and as you'll see from the video below, the scum broke into the control room and stole the cash. This also happened last week too - an ASHDOWN MAG300 bass amp and 2 SM58 mics were taken along with all of the cash. If anyone see's a couple of these surface in the Reading area, please let me know. One has a fake-leather finish, the other had that black fur finish.

I'm offering 2 months of free rehearsals to anyone who can name and shame the person in this video. The police are already involved but this could speed the process up somewhat.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9_GE4l_TNk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9_GE4l_TNk[/url]

If you have any information, please contact [email protected] or call 07730 685295. Any information at all will be useful.

In the mean time, the online calendars have been disabled and the payment method will be changed again. If you rehearse at the Rhoom, please can you arrange to pay via bank transfer for your session, unless I come and collect the money in person. Please do not leave money on site until further notice.

Kind regards
Jamie Postones[/quote]

Edited by jonno1981

[quote name='jonno1981' post='1291004' date='Jul 3 2011, 09:10 AM']This is a re-post from a friend of mine who had a break in at his rehearsal studios last night. Watch out for any secondhand Mag300 heads going cheap around berkshire......If anyone recognises the guy please send Jay a message.[/quote]
He'd get a better result posting the actual video feed, rather than a video of a video. I assume the police have used the video to get a still photo of the w***er for a 'Wanted, Dead or Alive' poster. And the way these things work chances are better than even he's a client of your friend, not a very bright one judging by the apparent lack of gloves.

Have posted here [url="http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=235230153168867&id=36482348096&notif_t=like"]http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?stor...mp;notif_t=like[/url]

I think there will be fingerprints on the paper he took off of the wall also he looked like he knew the place.

The guy smashed the key safe off the wall outside. It's most likely someone who has used the studio and very recently. There is more cctv to come with a direct feed off the camera and potentially from the carpark. Will update the thread with more info when it appears.

He's probably right! As usual, it's only us bassists looking. :)

I dare say most folk who use the studio are hoping the MAG heads are never found. :)

They should make it so if you steal, you get a finger cut off. This way if a thief persists, he can only go so far.

Definitely not a bass player - why would they bother stealing Ashdown amps? :)

On a serious note, I really hope they catch the guy. Only met Jamie once briefly after a Tesseract gig, but he seemed like a top bloke and it angers me that someone like him (or anyone at all, really) has to deal with this kind of crap. There's been quite a few reports about stolen gear just lately it seems, and it's a worrying trend.

I reposted the FB message earlier today - I don't know Jay personally, but my band mates have been recording at the very studio. Real shame to hear about this. There's some ****ing pondlife out there. Hung, Drawn and Quartered on capture then his remains hung from the walls as a deterrent please!

• 1 month later...