Why become a member? ×

Fender American Standard sticker

tickbite

Some do, some don't. I guess having the sticker on might help it retain its value. I'd want to remove it for aesthetic reasons, but I may or may not regret making it less of its 'original' condition. if in doubt, find a way to safely remove it without ripping or crumpling it up, and keep it safe :)

EDIT: or just do what PURPOLARIS said :)

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='tickbite' post='1286021' date='Jun 29 2011, 07:26 AM']Is the American Standard sticker on the scratchplate of a Fender something that should be removed? It looks like a sales label to me, but...[/quote]

personally, yes.

but if you like it for some reason...

When I was working in Saudi the guys over there bought a new car and left the plastic on the seats and the export documents stuck to the side windows as a sort of status thing, us euro ex pats scoffed at them - it saved their kids spoiling the seats with dropped chocolate and shwarmas but it looked crazy, you couldn't see out of the side window due to a big sticky doc folder and shipping numbers printed on em.
I digress.

I too am a bit flabberghasted. Its a sticker fercrissakes! Bet you didn't keep the little plastic sleeves that Fender supply on the tuners to keep the chrome shiny, so why keep a piece of advertising material? I have sold (ahem) "several" virtually brand new Fenders on BC in the past 2-3 years and can assure you that noone asked the whereabouts of the sticker :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1286657' date='Jun 29 2011, 05:04 PM']I'm amazed people are suggesting you swap the pickguard to preserve the sticker.

Really, I am... astonishing.[/quote]

I was the one that suggested it.................................. as a solution if he wants to keep the sticker.

Personally I've never bought a new Fender and never will, I let other people take the hit on the depreciation. The sticker would never be an issue for me :)

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='1286676' date='Jun 29 2011, 05:14 PM']I was the one that suggested it.................................. as a solution if he wants to keep the sticker.

Personally I've never bought a new Fender and never will, I let other people take the hit on the depreciation. The sticker would never be an issue for me :)[/quote]
Sorry.. I didn't hear a word. I'm too busy gazing at your avatar. :)