Why become a member? ×

Look at this nonsense

bubinga5

I spotted this add, where this guy is trying to palm off this bass as a 62 RI..he says its got a 70's neck? what with 60's decals?... he also calls it a stacked knob jazz..erm, i dont think so.. look at those tuners from the back, there not even straight.. gets on my nerves when people try and rip people off...

am i missing something? [url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-jazz-bass-stack-knob-62-reissue/82880861"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-j...eissue/82880861[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

Where to start - its just WRONG! I especially like the line "Beautifully figured ash body" considering it is invisible under that thick yellow paint finish. Its a bitsa being palmed off as a Fender

Edited by Clarky

From the pic, I'm not sure what that is, but the neck *looks like* it came from a squier with stuck on pearlyblocks & logo. It looks like the stacked knobs are the type that Fender put on some active Jazzes & are available as parts from various ebay sellers. The cheapo tuners are about as wonky as I've ever seen.

[quote name='mojobass' post='1285220' date='Jun 28 2011, 01:06 PM']i dont know much but i know that's def not genuine! the neck lookslike a cheap aftermarket, the logo doesnt look right, pickups wrong knobs wrong etc etc. just hope someone doesnt end up shelling out on this lemon![/quote]
they wont ive reported it..

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' post='1285250' date='Jun 28 2011, 01:34 PM']Link doesn't work anymore so I'm guessing it's been pulled.[/quote]
Awww - and before a chum of the seller came wading into the thread throwing his weight around and accusing everyone who'd commented of being as ignorant as he & the seller are and/or trying to get the price down to snag it for themselves at a knockdown price. :)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' post='1285250' date='Jun 28 2011, 01:34 PM']Link doesn't work anymore so I'm guessing it's been pulled.[/quote]

The link works fine for me now, but says it was posted just under an hour ago.

Given the junk on gumtree, I'd be amazed if they've ever pulled anything, no matter how dodgy. Of course, I'd love to hear otherwise, but until then I'll rely on gumtree being primarily for amusement purposes only.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1285268' date='Jun 28 2011, 01:59 PM']Awww - and before a chum of the seller came wading into the thread throwing his weight around and accusing everyone who'd commented of being as ignorant as he & the seller are and/or trying to get the price down to snag it for themselves at a knockdown price. :)[/quote]
Ok tough guys this belongs to my best mate :)

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='1285190' date='Jun 28 2011, 12:46 PM']I knda like the yellow paint job though![/quote]

[quote name='Mikeg' post='1285456' date='Jun 28 2011, 05:25 PM']I quite like the colour :)[/quote]

I agree its quite a nice colour

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1285486' date='Jun 28 2011, 06:02 PM']Interesting:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=134830"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=134830[/url]
:)[/quote]

Maybe a mod can follow the trail ?