Why become a member? ×

Post your rack!!

Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='148081' date='Feb 27 2008, 08:19 PM']I'm building my first rack, and am interested in what others have done :)[/quote]

My current rack is:
Aguilar DB680 Pre-Amp
Powersoft Digam 3002, Power-amp
Lexicon MPX G2 Effects unit
Peterson Stroborack Tuner
X2 wireless System
And I'm in the process of getting an Empirical Labs "Distressor"

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='148177' date='Feb 28 2008, 12:10 AM']Son of a *****[/quote]

+1 to that mate, crikey!

I've got a slightly less hi-fi set up, along the lines of:

Sennheiser Freeport Wireless
Gemini Power Conditioner (with funky rack lights, oh yeeeah!)
Korg DTR-1000 Tuner
Ampeg SVT3-Pro

It's simple, but it does the job!! Oh, and it's bloody full of cable ties.... I like a nice tidy rack, I do!

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='148153' date='Feb 27 2008, 10:56 PM']My current rack is:
Aguilar DB680 Pre-Amp
Powersoft Digam 3002, Power-amp
Lexicon MPX G2 Effects unit
Peterson Stroborack Tuner
X2 wireless System
And I'm in the process of getting an Empirical Labs "Distressor"[/quote]

Sounds like a pretty awesome rack. Doedsn't exist without pictures though! :)

Lol it makes me chortle that the pics seem so important especially since there are stock photos of the gear much prettier than I can snap in my home...

Is it that we like the "hot amature action" shots? Maybe you're fans of "Gonzo" Gear?

I hope to God that no-one is actually using bass gear for mastabatory purposes! Because it chafes like hell, let me tell you! So take my advice and save yourself the pain. :)

:huh:

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='149750' date='Mar 2 2008, 11:05 AM']Being a beginner to rack gear, it would help me know how everything is setup. Hence this thread :)[/quote]

OK OK ...Pics coming as soon as my son comes with the camera.

[quote name='mikeh' post='149754' date='Mar 2 2008, 11:13 AM']Im now using this, much better :huh:

[/quote]

Nice!

Elegant solution.

That's the problem with mine now... It's already an ungainly 6u and I'm struggling to stop it from growing.
There's a lot to be said for the "simple" uncomplicated solution.
That's the trouble with rack gear. There's always one more piece you could slot in it.

Here is mine, nothing that elaborate...Let the abuse of the compressor begin!

[attachment=6141:DSCF0044.JPG]

Going to get rid of the wireless though because i realized that i dont more around very much when i play!!! Going to hopefully replace it with a tuner.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='BassBalls' post='150192' date='Mar 3 2008, 10:05 AM']Going to get rid of the wireless though because i realized that i dont more around very much when i play!!! Going to hopefully replace it with a tuner.[/quote]

If or when you get rif of your wireless, give me a shout cos I'm looking for one :) My rack's pretty simple as I've only just started building it but I've got a Bugera BXT36000 and a Fender RT-1000, begin the abuse of my bass head ahah :)

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1095638' date='Jan 19 2011, 08:39 PM']Where's the guy with the Christina Hendricks avatar pic when you need nice racks discussing?[/quote]

Here's an excellent rack, you can see it just peeking through a bit. I wish it was mine.

[quote name='BassBalls' post='150192' date='Mar 3 2008, 10:05 AM']Here is mine, nothing that elaborate...Let the abuse of the compressor begin!

[attachment=6141:DSCF0044.JPG][/quote]

I remember when those Compressors came out in the 90's, can't remember who it was who made them though.
I suspect you need those sunglasses on the couch when looking at that rack on a brightly lit stage.

Right now my rig is pretty simple

Sennheiser FREEPort wireless (£50 to anyone who wants it)
Trace Elliot GP12SMX amplifier
Korg DTR2000 rack tuner

all of this in a nice 4u abs rack case which I need to ship off as I am getting a few new units soon.
As on the start of next month my set up will be:

Korg DTR2000
Trace Elliot GP12 SMX
Aphex Aural Exciter (on it's way to me)
Behringer T1965 Compressor (being held for me)
Some sort of graphic equaliser (not yet decided)
New wireless system (not yet decided)

But for now, here's a pic of the current rig:
[attachment=69517:IMG_2543__2_.jpg]

Nom nom nom