Why become a member? ×

Deluded

waynepunkdude

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='1282511' date='Jun 25 2011, 09:46 PM']Move the decimal point two places to the left & it'd be about right.

Hateful things.[/quote]

Agree... Thank god TE came along and wiped these...almost..from the face of the earth.

Is this a Greek boot sale....??

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='1282554' date='Jun 25 2011, 10:53 PM']Bargain!

[url="http://www.wizardguitars.com/Amplification.php?product=127&action=moreinfo&offset=0"]http://www.wizardguitars.com/Amplification...fo&offset=0[/url][/quote]

For your £800 you get a "usuable amp set-up"

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1282588' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:28 PM']I reckon they must be aiming for the nostalgia market, hoping that people who used these in the 80s/90s will want one again.

Nah![/quote]

They were cheap sh*t then and they should be even cheaper now.

Anyone wanna buy my Carlsbro Stingray for £1K?

I've got two HH heads, in fact I'm in the middle of restoring a VS Bass. It's not worth 450 -- but they should be, sound fantastic and are indestructible. Wish mine was in as good condition at that too, other than the knobs that one looks near perfect.

IMO anyway. I know most people hate them -- your loss! :)

Most shops seem to have items they will never shift for the set price, I can only guess it's simply worth a chance for a set period which during that time the items are good window dressing, I'm sure they have accounted for them at an achievable price

There is a bass in a shop I'd be interested in if it where sensibly priced, it's been there for ages

Edited by lojo

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='1282554' date='Jun 25 2011, 10:53 PM']Bargain!

[url="http://www.wizardguitars.com/Amplification.php?product=127&action=moreinfo&offset=0"]http://www.wizardguitars.com/Amplification...fo&offset=0[/url][/quote]

haha thats the shop down my road, They people who run at are fully douche bags. Offer them a reasonable price for something and you run the risk of getting into a fight!

[quote name='callingltu' post='1283010' date='Jun 26 2011, 02:33 PM']I guess that ashdown is not ABM :)[/quote]

It looks like this

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=103"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=103[/url]

I've hired it a few times in the past.....it isn't really offensive and is a decent carrry.

The other 2 combos are ..err..not good, IMO..but they make a noise for some people...apparently

[quote name='umph' post='1282927' date='Jun 26 2011, 12:11 PM']haha thats the shop down my road, They people who run at are fully douche bags. Offer them a reasonable price for something and you run the risk of getting into a fight![/quote]

Heh, aye! I rang up to ask what they'd charge for a USA Fender Precision when I was buying mine, and the guy quoted me about £400 too much. I asked why it was so expensive compared to anyone else, and he told me that he had a contact at Fender in the US who would go to the warehouse, unbox a few, pick me the best one, set it up and ship it over. I said that was impressive service... considering their warehouse is in the Netherlands! He put the phone down on me :)

[quote name='Ed_S' post='1283341' date='Jun 26 2011, 08:47 PM']Heh, aye! I rang up to ask what they'd charge for a USA Fender Precision when I was buying mine, and the guy quoted me about £400 too much. I asked why it was so expensive compared to anyone else, and he told me that he had a contact at Fender in the US who would go to the warehouse, unbox a few, pick me the best one, set it up and ship it over. I said that was impressive service... considering their warehouse is in the Netherlands! He put the phone down on me :)[/quote]

:)

[quote name='Ed_S' post='1283341' date='Jun 26 2011, 08:47 PM']Heh, aye! I rang up to ask what they'd charge for a USA Fender Precision when I was buying mine, and the guy quoted me about £400 too much. I asked why it was so expensive compared to anyone else, and he told me that he had a contact at Fender in the US who would go to the warehouse, unbox a few, pick me the best one, set it up and ship it over. I said that was impressive service... considering their warehouse is in the Netherlands! He put the phone down on me :)[/quote]
Looking at the prices they are quoting for Epiphone Les Pauls, Jap strats and squier strats, I'd say they look to be a bit on the pricey side. Do they do much trade at these price levels?

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='1285202' date='Jun 28 2011, 12:52 PM']Looking at the prices they are quoting for Epiphone Les Pauls, Jap strats and squier strats, I'd say they look to be a bit on the pricey side. Do they do much trade at these price levels?[/quote]

I've been in once and wouldn't go back due to the pricing of... well, everything. I'd rather drive the hour to Doncaster and go to Electro Music despite their dwindling stock, and I could walk to Wizard in 15-20 minutes. Never had any run ins with the staff but I've never really spoken with then in any depth.

Got some Dunlop straplocks from Academy of Sound back in the day and fancied some more so walked to Wizard to find they were about £6 more than AOS for no discernible reason. The only reasonable thing in there were a couple of D*A*M pedals which were RRP and quickly disappeared after I foolishly pointed them out on the D*A*M forum.