Why become a member? ×

Mark King charity auction

toneknob

[quote name='wombatboter' post='1284954' date='Jun 28 2011, 09:01 AM']My guess : 4200 £.... (not that I will be bidding)[/quote]

With 9 days to go I reckon it will go for more than £5000 - There are people who don't play but collect music memorabilia.

Maggie Thatcher's handbag went for £20000 and she was the spawn of Beelzebub so imagine how much this will go for

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1284976' date='Jun 28 2011, 09:24 AM']Maggie Thatcher's handbag went for £20000 and she was the spawn of Beelzebub so imagine how much this will go for[/quote]

Doesn't stay in tune though

I'd wager the bass goes for close to £10k

[quote name='toneknob' post='1284734' date='Jun 27 2011, 10:34 PM']Here's all four sales - [url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/markking4beaulieuhouse/m.html"]Mark King on eBay[/url]

The bass is already £3k+[/quote]

Yes, but it's been driven up early by some 0 feedback bidders. I'm guessing that it won't go much over £4,000.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1285572' date='Jun 28 2011, 07:24 PM']Mark King in shill bid shocker[/quote]
Don't you go spoiling all the lovely positive sentiments expressed in this thread so far with your nasty mean spirited punk thoughts. :)

[quote name='killswitch2011' post='1283348' date='Jun 26 2011, 08:50 PM']Considering that I was, and have only ever really been, a hard rock/metal musician, this may seem a little odd! But I loved his style, and despite the fact that I never really liked Level 42's music, he got me hooked on the sound of the bass. Within a couple of years, I'd played in several bands, including one which came (iirc) second in an "England Entertains" talent contest, so I must have been reasonably good.[/quote]

Me too, and a lot of people overlook his fingerstyle playing too. I think the song Chinese Way is pony but for him to sing and play that bassline is nothing short of amazing.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

Yet another 'what a nice bloke Mark King is' story ............................

A few years back he came round to the front of house about an hour before he was due on stage and signed a guitar for me

I was blown away by what a down to earth to guy he is and also how much time he had for me considering how close he was to going on stage

- we spent a good ten minutes chatting while he even helped me cover his signature with sticky-back plastic!

An ansolute top bloke :)

Friend of mine was playing upright bass in a hotel lounge around here in Belgium and while playing noticed Mark King sitting at the bar on his own.
After playing his first set he dared to say hello and had a friendly chat with King for an hour who turned out again to be a top bloke who was very supportive..

And £1242 for the amp. Grand total of £8617.55 for all [url="http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/markking4beaulieuhouse/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283"]four items[/url] - good work that man. More like him pls.

Edited by toneknob

[quote name='toneknob' post='1295945' date='Jul 7 2011, 01:25 PM']And £1242 for the amp. Grand total of £8617.55 for all [url="http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/markking4beaulieuhouse/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283"]four items[/url] - good work that man. More like him pls.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Hope Ebay are waiving there seller fees on this!....Nice one MK! :)