Why become a member? ×

Black Velvet.. struggling

Cyrene

hi all. Is the original version in Dm?
The Songster tab is based upon the bass tuning a whole tone higher.
But Ultimate guitar tuning is a half tone down...
I need to play it a whole tone lower for our band, but can't find a tab. I haven't got the time this weekend to do my own so has anyone out there got one please?
Help!

[quote name='Mike' post='1272904' date='Jun 17 2011, 04:18 PM']I charted it out recently but it's only chords, if you pm me your email I can mail you a pdf[/quote]
Great, thank you Mike.
I think our singer wants to do it in D, so that'd be half a step down from the original, is that right?
confused :)

Yeah, I played this for a short while in our set too. I seem to remember the bass part feeling kind of fat and slow, which smacked of dropped tuning to me at the time - Eb would make sense then on a 4 string. I don't think we bothered and just did it in E though. It's got one nice little lick in it, I think, but boring as hell apart from that - IIRC.

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1273487' date='Jun 18 2011, 09:37 AM']Just noticed that this thread has consecutive members - Bloodaxe and Mike - posting. How coincidental is that?! Out of 20,000-odd BC-ers![/quote]

Wow, well spotted - you should be a private detective!

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='1273487' date='Jun 18 2011, 09:37 AM']Just noticed that this thread has consecutive members - Bloodaxe and Mike - posting. How coincidental is that?! Out of 20,000-odd BC-ers![/quote]
No very, when you take into account approximately 19,000 of those members joined the forum joined purely to flog their gear & have never posted anywhere else. :)

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1274589' date='Jun 19 2011, 12:13 PM']How about detuning to D on a spare bass?
Would sound better than the high D and no tab translations.[/quote]

Right!
That may be the way forward!
I am struggling to write the proper tab transcription out in Dm as I'm spinning plates at the PC anyway; i find this stuff so time consuming.
I'll detune a whole tone and play along with the Em tab... that should do shouldn't it? I'm new to this sort of stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Cyrene' post='1278264' date='Jun 22 2011, 10:42 AM']Right!
That may be the way forward!
I am struggling to write the proper tab transcription out in Dm as I'm spinning plates at the PC anyway; i find this stuff so time consuming.
I'll detune a whole tone and play along with the Em tab... that should do shouldn't it? I'm new to this sort of stuff.[/quote]

Probably less time consuming to just detune your E string to a D and leave the other strings.
This will mess around with your TAB though.