Why become a member? ×

Can anyone point out a good example of fuzz/distorted bass?

Annoying Twit

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1252899' date='Jun 1 2011, 05:02 PM']Brian Cook from Russian Circles has a pretty wicked bass tone:[/quote]

I was going to suggest Cook but in his Botch days. Best example I could think of is middle of 'C Thomas Howell...' when it's just him and that filthy tone.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1253241' date='Jun 1 2011, 05:17 PM']I was going to suggest Cook but in his Botch days. Best example I could think of is middle of 'C Thomas Howell...' when it's just him and that filthy tone.[/quote]

Totally agree :)

I'm so glad I got see Botch before they were no more.

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1252899' date='Jun 1 2011, 05:02 PM']Brian Cook from Russian Circles has a pretty wicked bass tone:[/quote]

My first thought was Brian Cook. Love his stuff in These Arms Are Snakes too.

Surprised no ones mentioned Death From Above 1979 yet.

[quote name='PauBass' post='1253501' date='Jun 2 2011, 08:52 AM']I love Jon Stockman's from Karnivool tone, listen to this:

[/quote]

Like that!

We do a couple of Army of Anyone tracks in our covers band...good studio bass sound with nice overdrive

[quote name='PauBass' post='1253501' date='Jun 2 2011, 08:52 AM']I love Jon Stockman's from Karnivool tone, listen to this:

[/quote]

Excellent tone, but I wouldn't really call that Fuzz, would you? More like overdrive IMO

EDIT: maybe not, I haven't listened to it in a while, i'll put it on when I get home

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1253686' date='Jun 2 2011, 10:39 AM']Excellent tone, but I wouldn't really call that Fuzz, would you? More like overdrive IMO

EDIT: maybe not, I haven't listened to it in a while, i'll put it on when I get home[/quote]

No, it's not fuzz but the post is: [i]Can anyone point out a good example of fuzz/distorted bass?[/i]

Edited by PauBass

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1252899' date='Jun 1 2011, 05:02 PM']Brian Cook from Russian Circles has a pretty wicked bass tone:

Go to about 2:20 in the video to hear when the bass riff comes in with his OCD/ Rat

Here's the album version:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdTpVrcNvQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdTpVrcNvQ[/url][/quote]

+1 again!

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1253437' date='Jun 2 2011, 04:23 AM']Totally agree :)

I'm so glad I got see Botch before they were no more.[/quote]

I was very late to the Botch party, they'd been gone for 5 years before I got into them. Gutted as I don't think any metal band since has come close to what they achieved on 'Romans' and the last EP.

If anyone did like that Maybeshewill song (they've just released a new album "I Was Here For A Moment And Then I Was Gone - it's bloody brilliant so do have a listen) you will most likely enjoy this aswell, And So I Watch You From Afar:

Fuzz starts at 3:47, but please listen to the rest of the song, especially after the breakdown around 6mins in, it's beastly! Their new album is amazing throughout, and I do really, really mean that.