Why become a member? ×

Gone Thanks

cd_david

Hello

I put this together after joining a Floyd tribute, and Im a sucker for 70s style P basses, but am now looking to build a 62 alike, so THINKING about moing this on if there is any interest.

Its an Alder Body £65
Mighty Mite Neck £99
Fender 70s Machines + Hipshot D Tuner. £65
Fender F plate and gasket £22
CTS pots, Switchcraft Jack and cloth wiring, £17
Custom Guard £35
Kent Armstrong Hot Vintage PUP £39
All paint by Dave Wilson (dwguitars) £280

The only change is a WD brand new Fender neck due to a truss rod fail in the Mighty Mite one. A Further 270 inc paint and fit etc. :)

No idea what to ask so will pitch it at 500ish? Would cost you more to build it and it is WAY beyond the spec let alone the quality of the RW Sig. the bottom out of this thing is HUGE! I have a real 70s P and this has as much bottom :)

Cheers

Dave

Edited by cd_david

I must stop drooling or I might succumb to a bad case of GAS. That is one seriously good looking bass. My first proper bass was a great Joodee precision copy with the black body and maple neck. It's just so iconic. I miss mine and will admit that if I had the funds I would have PM'd you by now.

Forget the finish or the looks on this bass, the Kent Armstrong Vintage Hot pickups are probably the most underrated pickups around. They really thump like a good 'un and the output is huge for passive pickups. I used to have one on an old Frankenbass and it sounded superb. I can only imagine that with this spec that this bass would sound fantastic used for any style.