Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1964

Hi All,

Up for sale is my 1964 Fender Precision Bass, pro-refinished in aged OW. Apart from the refin and a replaced guard, she is all original.

I recently sourced one of these for Clarky (although a 1963) and was so impressed with the end-result that I commissioned this one.

However, more recent additions to the corner of the loft marked 'do not sell under any circumstances' mean that she has to find a new home.

Includes correct period Fender no-logo case in great condition.

Cheers, Si

Edited by 353203

5th November is my birthday. Why did you have to post this! Now if it had been 5th November 1957 that would have been my date of birth and I would have had to do something drastic to acquire this bass. All the best with the sale. :)

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Hutton' post='1211837' date='Apr 26 2011, 05:28 PM']5th November is my birthday. Why did you have to post this! Now if it had been 5th November 1957 that would have been my date of birth and I would have had to do something drastic to acquire this bass. All the best with the sale. :)[/quote]

Just to ease your GAS a little bit...
The '5' in the date code doesn't mean the 5th of November - '5' is the model code for a Precision.
So that neck code translates as: Precision Bass - made in November of 1964 - C width.

Mmmm...Lovely bass!
Have a bump!
:)

Edited by 99ster

Crikey mate, you do get some stunners. I might start waiting outside your place and jumping the couriers as they arrive (whilst 'jumping' might sound dubious, I was actually about to write 'interfering with..'. I'm off to see my therapist) :)

C

[quote name='99ster' post='1212591' date='Apr 27 2011, 01:43 PM']Just to ease your GAS a little bit...
The '5' in the date code doesn't mean the 5th of November - '5' is the model code for a Precision.
So that neck code translates as: Precision Bass - made in November of 1964 - C width.

Mmmm...Lovely bass!
Have a bump!
:)[/quote]

Whew! Thanks man. Luckily I read this post just before I sold all the furniture!

[quote name='martthebass' post='1213077' date='Apr 27 2011, 08:10 PM']If I sold both my MMs and the status I could maybe just about afford this,
Damn the wife saw me typing......[/quote]

Surely she realises that 3 down to 1 is good!? :)

Si

[quote name='Beedster' post='1212796' date='Apr 27 2011, 04:22 PM']Crikey mate, you do get some stunners. I might start waiting outside your place and jumping the couriers as they arrive (whilst 'jumping' might sound dubious, I was actually about to write 'interfering with..'. I'm off to see my therapist) :)

C[/quote]

Sorry Chris, but all my basses come straight through the time tunnel into the loft :)

Cheers, Si

I'd love to play one of these old basses just to see if my hand would fit around the neck :) The GAS to have one might be beaten by the sheer impracticality of not being able to physically play it :)

Still though something alluring about a bass thats been played in for 50 years or so!

[quote name='krispn' post='1219502' date='May 4 2011, 08:28 AM']I'd love to play one of these old basses just to see if my hand would fit around the neck :) The GAS to have one might be beaten by the sheer impracticality of not being able to physically play it :)

Still though something alluring about a bass thats been played in for 50 years or so![/quote]

If Suzi Q can do it, so can you :lol:

Cheers, Si

• 2 weeks later...