Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard recommendation

BT!

So I want to upgrade from the floor to a pedalboard.

Atm ive got:

Sansamp programmable bass driver
Boss tu-2
Boss odb-3
9v powerbank

Thinking of adding a compressor pedal at some point so looking for a board to fit all those. Was wondering what people thought was worth getting.
Im a student so cheaper the better but just looking for some advice :)

I got a Spider pedal board flightcase from flightcase warehouse just over 2 years ago (Man, it passes quick!).

Comes with a painted bit of ply & some velcro. I popped a couple of rubber feet on the back of the ply & got some heavy duty velcro & job's a good un. :)
All in cost about £70 IIRC & is a good solid case that protects my pedals really well when getting chucked into the back of a van & I normally keep the board in the case when using.

I've used the Kinsman and Stagg ones, No difference in quality, both seemed good, but now upgraded to Pedaltrain, and using the kinsman & stagg as Kit / Cable boxes.

Only because the power supply and cables underneath are much more organized, and i hate mess.

Also used an SKB pedalboard which was awesomely light but really durable, and has an inbuilt power supply for 8 pedals, even 9vAC or battery connectors, Currently selling (contact me if interested) though because i'm downsizing on pedalboards.

If you've only got the few pedals, ie. 4 / 5, i would look into the Pedal-train Nano, if you don't plan on buying loads, its around £50 and looks the biz, i really need to find the time to take some pics of mine, I managed to squeeze 3 boss pedals and 2 MXR pedals all onto it.
Plus it can be strapped to your bag / guitar case, and weights virtually nothing.

Edited by son of frog

I'm going to have to make one myself I think. I don't want to use velcro, as I move the pedals around quite a bit. Ideally I'd like something similar to the Boss board with the foam cut out spaces to hold effects in place, but I'm not paying that much for one. DIY it is. Bugger – that involves planning...

I got mine earlier from Yorkshire Flight Cases (katcase on ebay), full flightcase board. Cost me around £50 and the inners are high density foam, so you cut it out and sit your pedals in there. For the money I can't really think of much better!

You should be able to see mine in this picture. About £17 on Ebay from Flightcasewarehouse. Been used for hundreds of gigs. Can easily take 4 Boss pedals or 3 and my Korg Tuner

[url="http://img694.imageshack.us/i/dsc06060large.jpg/"][/url]

Edited by Delberthot