Why become a member? ×

4 ohm light cabinet, with heavy sound

lojo

I think I have Largo's old 410L. It's certainly more than enough volume for pretty much anything I've ever been faced with - with a decent power amp pushing it I've played outdoors with no PA support and it's really delivered the goods. It's a one man lift but I wouldnt want to carry it any great distance - the trip from the van to the rehearsal space (up a set of stairs) is enough to totally knacker me out carrying it, but it's possible... It handles a low B with lots of low end like no other cab I've used too.

I'm intrigued now by the compact though, if it really can compete with a 410L I'd be impressed.

Edited by Wil

[quote name='cetera' post='1203438' date='Apr 18 2011, 11:47 AM']Lojo, you're in Surrey....

I'm in Surrey too..... and have a Genz Benz Neox212T for sale

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128890"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128890[/url]

We should chat :)[/quote]

Just checked the thread, Guildford eh, I'm playing footy there tonight, and will be there at least 3 other times this week for various reasons

I'll PM you

[quote name='lojo' post='1202668' date='Apr 17 2011, 03:25 PM']Firstly thanks for the responses, and on a sunday :)

Yep, re the ohm switching option, am not used to that as none of my previous amps have had that feature, does it really chuck full out into 8ohms?

I can only say that my old orange OBC 410 did exactly what I want, the RS212 on it's own doesn't in every situation I get into (without the 210 anyway), so although something like the Genz 212 might, I fear 212 is not really for me

I'm not unhappy with my current setup, but would love to achieve what the pair of cabs (210 & 212) do in one light lift, if possible, or is that like saying "I want an umpalompa"?

I guess a Barefaced or a 410 that I can pick up without getting a strain might be the way to go ...

Please keep the comments coming, its all good[/quote]
Orange Isobaric 410. Not the smaller ones but actually a full 410 in a tiny package.
Might do it?

I`ll be using my Eden Nemesis 410 in a band situation on Thurs night (yay, at last), so will update on it`s performance afterwards.

Link below to my updated review of this cab.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125534&st=0&gopid=1208013&#entry1208013"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;#entry1208013[/url]

In a few words though, it delivers!

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='51m0n' post='1203836' date='Apr 18 2011, 05:26 PM']A Barefaced SuperTwelve is a killer cab, easily as loud if not louder than almost any 410, and punchy as hell.

Super easy lift to, I mean ridiculously easy - get one while Alex can still get the drivers to make 'em though....[/quote]
My turn to back you up this time 51m0n... :) I really couldn't agree more.

[quote name='lojo' post='1203819' date='Apr 18 2011, 05:15 PM']Just checked the thread, Guildford eh, I'm playing footy there tonight, and will be there at least 3 other times this week for various reasons

I'll PM you[/quote]

Look forward to hearing from you mate :)

[quote name='largo' post='1202902' date='Apr 17 2011, 07:03 PM']Being honest, I found the 4x10 about my limit for a one man lift, taking into account the size and weight of the cab, not sure how the Genz owners find there cabs for one man lifts?[/quote]

I was well past the point where I'd happily handle my old Trace 4x10 combo by myself. While I use a trolley for it, it was more or less beyond me to lift it into the boot if I was by myself.

The NEOX 212-T, however, is a different matter. While I'll still use my trolley to move any kit around, the inbuilt wheels are great for shooting it around on stage. And, when it comes to lifting into the boot, I'm 100% happy to do it by myself. They're chalk & cheese, weightwise.

And then there's the sound. From the first time I heard a NEOX 212-T in action, I was pretty confident it was the cab to replace my 20 year old faithful (lead) companion. And that was *before* I felt its weight! :)

I use a single Laney Nexus NX15 15" cab for everything.

Its not trendy, its not expensive and I think there's probably only one other member on here that has one but I am seriously happy with my sound and its only 20kg. I'm thinking about a second one for the biggest of non-pa gigs but so far have yet to run into any problems with volume so haven't bothered so far.

if you want more, the 4x10" is only 27.5kg and even the 8x10" is only 45kg which is nothing compared to the 75kg Ampeg 8x10"

You don't really need to worry about running your amp at 4ohms. I don't think I've ever ran my Gallien 700RB II with a 4 ohm load.