Why become a member? ×

PRS

MikanHannille

It's ok but not really my cup of tea, plus I bet I could probably buy about 6 decent basses for the cost of it. Does anyone know how much these are? I found a thread on an american forum from 3 years ago which said they're about $9k!

It is a part of their artist "private stock" series designed for Gary Grainger and I don't think you can get it for less than 7 grand if you are so inclined.

[url="http://www.prsguitars.com/grainger/index.html"]http://www.prsguitars.com/grainger/index.html[/url]

Gary Grainger Private Stock Bass Specs Body
Back Wood South American Mahogany
Top Wood Maple
Finish Super-Thin Satin Nitro Finish
Neck
Number of Frets 24
Number of Strings 5
[size=4][b]Neck Wood Bolt-On Rock Maple [/b][/size](Artist or Private Stock Grade)
Fretboard Wood Rosewood
Fretboard Wood Option Ebony or Maple
Fretboard Radius 10"
Neck Shape Low-Profile Grainger Neck Carve
Inlays Birds
Hardware
Bridge PRS Bass (Black Chrome, Nickel or Gold)
Pickups 4 Single coils- combined into 2 “separated” hum-canceling pickups (provides the instrument a mid-range voice)
Pre-Amp PRS Designed Pre-Amp
Misc BRW Ramp - (optional)
BRW pick guard - (Gary Grainger signature is optional)

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Its a private stock so someone spec'd it like that - Dont blame the 'shop for making it, blame the odd person that wanted it like that.... :)

Isn't this the one that was for sale on Thomann not long back...? £5k or something similar. My guess a cancelled order.

There's a lot of Private stock that is freakishly odd - but then there's some pretty odd folk out there!

It's an incredilble bass but that has been well and truly battered by the fugly stick - but then I don't like purple basses anyway.

If you want so see how utterly gorgeous these can be, go to the PRS website, go to Private stock and check out #1607 -
Drop dead gorgeous!
The person that ordered the OP one here should be taken outside and fed to the poor.......

Edited by The Burpster