Why become a member? ×

Major bummer! Big girls pants!

andy67

Hi fellow chatters..

I have just sold my dream rig and am now in the process of replacing it with something smaller and lighter. My Ampeg 810 and Trace V4 will have a new home as of tomorrow. I want to replace it with a Hartke Kilo and AK410 cab... however... Speaking intitally with GAK, who were great, they informed me that the head would be available on the 15 March - hooray - and gave me a great cash price on it! :D

So, over to Talkbass where I have a discussion with Mr Hartke who informs me that the date for availability is April! Booo! But hey 6 weeks at worst...And then onto my local shop Reddog Music who as always are great and do their very best for matching GAK but inform me that I can have the cab now but will have to wait until August/September for the head because they are not in production yet! :P Eh??? is my reply, how can this be?? The Hartke rep told the shop that this is how it is for now.

GRRRR... GRRRR... What am I buying into here? Its the first time I have moved to a new manufacturer in years! :) :) :lol:

Andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='1164344' date='Mar 16 2011, 01:02 PM']Hi fellow chatters..

I have just sold my dream rig and am now in the process of replacing it with something smaller and lighter. My Ampeg 8,10 and Trace V4 will have a new home as of tomorrow. I want to replace it with a Hartke Kilo and AK410 cab... however... Speaking intitally with GAK, who were great, they informed me that the head would be available on the 15 March - hooray - and gave me a great cash price on it! :D

So, over to Talkbass where I have a discussion with Mr Hartke who informs me that the date for availability is April! Booo! But hey 6 weeks at worst...And then onto my local shop Reddog Music who as always are great and do their very best for matching GAK but inform me that I can have the cab now but will have to wait until August/September for the head because they are no in production yet! :P Eh??? is my reply, how can this be?? The Hartke rep old the shop that this is how it is for now.

GRRRR... GRRRR... What am I buying into here? Its the first time I have moved to a new manufacturer in years! :) :) :lol:

Andy[/quote]

Maybe you need to re-think. You could always go for the TC Electronic stuff or the Mark Bass.

[quote name='BottomE' post='1164348' date='Mar 16 2011, 01:05 PM']Maybe you need to re-think. You could always go for the TC Electronic stuff or the Mark Bass.[/quote]

Not too keen on digital output stages. I like the valve pre and solid state out.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1164600' date='Mar 16 2011, 04:29 PM'][Pedant Point]

Is that BIG {girl's pants} or

{BIG GIRL'S} pants or

what?

[/Pedant Point]

:)

G.[/quote]

Does one exclude the other? Surely large underwear is suitable for large wearers of underwear and vice versa?

[/Pedant Match Point]

ANYWAY.....hopefully back onto op.

I would hang fire Andy, if you have a giggable rig the noo and don't need this amp straight away, then you may as well wait till you get exacly what you want, I believe you once said that to me.

I used the LH500 along with matching 4x10 and 1x15 cabs.
Hartke gear is really sweet although I've not tried the kilo gear.

What is it about the range that tickles yer fancy???

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1164739' date='Mar 16 2011, 06:24 PM']ANYWAY.....hopefully back onto op.

I would hang fire Andy, if you have a giggable rig the noo and don't need this amp straight away, then you may as well wait till you get exacly what you want, I believe you once said that to me.

I used the LH500 along with matching 4x10 and 1x15 cabs.
Hartke gear is really sweet although I've not tried the kilo gear.

What is it about the range that tickles yer fancy???[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh folks, pedant/s point/s taken! Therefor, damn VPL's!

Was contemplating the LH1000 but really want the Kilo.

Steve, ah gwasshoppa, you learn fast! Yes that is what I'm going to do. Dood got me a little curious re Hartke gear, so... Did a little research and liked what I heard. Then I noticed Billy Sheehan (my Idol... :) ) demoing it at Namm and decided there and then that it was for me! Was really difficult coming to terms with losing the big rig but after removing it from the practice room, I realised I was doing the right thing.

andy

Just a wee update good folks:

Been speaking with Gareth at Hartke UK who has been absolutely superb and really went out his way to assist me - can't beat that for customer service! :)

So, big thumbs up to Hartke UK.

Andy

Edited by andy67

Ahh cool, you have beaten me to an answer then! On the subject of customer service though - Gareth and the team are top notch!!! For those who were at the London Bass Show, he was there with the Hartke stand. I too am hitting the waiting list for the Kilo - in the meantime, the LH1000 sounds brilliant! Really happy with it - I've always been a 'graphic EQ, buttons lights and switches' kinda guy - but that tone stack EQ is really flexable because those tone controls interact with each other in a nice 'musical' way. Anyway, if I hear of any more details in the meantime, I'll post 'em up!

A wee update from Hartke UK man Agent Gareth:

[i][quote]Can you just mention that at present I have been informed that we SHOULD be able to get the Kilo from our August orders so if this does happen it will hit the stores late Sept early October....just in time for Santa to bring it to everybody in his sack![/quote][/i]

andy

Edited by andy67

I really wanted a Kilo. When it was announced. Three years ago. After asking when it was going to come out every so often I just gave up waiting and got loads of rack gear. Whilst I'm sure it'll be a great amp, the fact that they kept it off the shelves for in effect 2 years whilst they re-designed it and apparently made it lighter seems a bit mental to me. Some of the buttons seemed to have moved but that's about it. It's going to be heavy regardless as Hartke haven't done the whole Class D amp thing that mostly everyone else has and fair play to that.

Like Dood, I'm a gizmo sort of person and frankly in the interim, I've accumulated so much stuff, I'll never need to get a Kilo as what I've got really works for me. Will still have to try one though.... :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1164739' date='Mar 16 2011, 07:24 PM']I would hang fire Andy, if you have a giggable rig the noo and don't need this amp straight away, then you may as well wait till you get exacly what you want, I believe you once said that to me.[/quote]

That's gotta be the way forward, surely. +1.