Why become a member? ×

One for 70's Genesis fans - double-neck Shergold

Clarky

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1161384' date='Mar 14 2011, 09:07 AM']I daren't think how heavy that must be - Shergold instruments already have a reputation for excessive weight...

Still nice though. And a reasonable price considering the rarity and condition.[/quote]

I'm surprised to hear that BRX. My Marathon was without doubt the lightest bass I've ever own, and by some distance. It was also extremely punchy and had a tone not dissimilar to that of a very good Precision. I would guess that every Genesis tribute band in the UK will be queuing up for that double neck; it's horrible yet lovely at the same time.

[quote name='RhysP' post='1161541' date='Mar 14 2011, 11:12 AM']If I didn't have a herniated lumbar disc I'd be all over that.[/quote]

There's a similar one - maybe the same - on the Shergold Forum site for £975.
I've had a lot of Shergold basses and Haymans the bodies look big and chunky but contrary to expectation they have always been lighter than any Fender I've played.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1161415' date='Mar 14 2011, 09:33 AM']I'm surprised to hear that BRX. My Marathon was without doubt the lightest bass I've ever own, and by some distance. It was also extremely punchy and had a tone not dissimilar to that of a very good Precision. I would guess that every Genesis tribute band in the UK will be queuing up for that double neck; it's horrible yet lovely at the same time.[/quote]
It's a while since I last played one, but I can remember trying a 6-string bass that was massively heavy considering it's size.

Mind you my bass of choice at the time was a Burns Sonic...

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='1161578' date='Mar 14 2011, 11:41 AM']ANy real Genesis fan would hold out for a 12 and 4...[/quote]

+1. And, of course, you'd want one that splits apart:

[size=1](Taken from: [url="http://www.shergold.co.uk/beat77.html"]http://www.shergold.co.uk/beat77.html[/url])[/size]

[quote name='ahpook' post='1161888' date='Mar 14 2011, 03:28 PM']if you like it, buy it for me and i'll keep it in my wardrobe...[/quote]
I may buy this when I get paid at the start of May .....

The firth of fifth

[attachment=74787:14tumbleweed.jpg]

[quote name='RhysP' post='1161935' date='Mar 14 2011, 04:03 PM']Can you be a bit more specific about the weight if possible please?[/quote]
Well I expected it to make me groan when I lifted it, but I don't think it was much heavier than one of my Stingrays. Can't be more specific than that I'm afraid.