Why become a member? ×

Show us your sunbursts

Cat Burrito

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1299406833' post='1151223']

[/quote]

This will be the broad template of my next commision.... Sunburst, tort plate, RW block and bound
Might just tinker with the type of burst, but I just need to decide when to pull the trigger..

My collection
[attachment=105538:P1020342.jpg]
[attachment=105532:P1020376.jpg]
[attachment=105533:P1020320.jpg]
[attachment=105534:P1010481.jpg]
[attachment=105535:P1010501.jpg]
[attachment=105536:P1020233.jpg]
[attachment=105537:P1010263.jpg]

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1334919604' post='1623413']
Mrs Rick must be very understanding! Wonderful collection there. Is the last one a Fender or a Bravewood (it looks very like the one with the shrunken tort guard that was sold on here by Kevin Lindsay a few months back)?
[/quote]

well, she is......to a certain extent, i'm running out of credits with her though i think. She keeps opening cupboards and finding another large tweed box that wasnt there before. I am [i]trying[/i] to reduce the hoard. i've sold 3 basses and 2 amps over the past few months, but now i'm down to ones i simply can't part with.
The last one is a '60 slab board Bravewood, i bought it off a fellow BC'er, not Kevin though, he owned it before though. I've since added some additional original parts I had from '60 (Tuners/bridge/knobs/thumbrest/chrome covers/upside down s/n neckplate), it now looks completely original, and plays amazing. I'm looking for a brown tolex case for it.

[quote name='convair' timestamp='1334811724' post='1621598']
Not the best photos I'm sorry to say but these are my brusts I don't know if the two Tbirds count as Sunbursts however I'm sure my FG Ric doesn't

[/quote]
Envy (drooling)

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1335132095' post='1626275']
Nice one, i used to have an identical one, lovely basses, necks too thin for me to play regularly though, Very nice example you have there!! :gas:
[/quote]

Thanks Rick I don't play it much now, I get it out maybe a couple of times a year,just to look at, the neck is to thin for me now. Maybe I'll play it again when I retire.